Anatomy Museum

Old May 15th, 2002, 08:30 PM
C Blake

Anatomy Museum

Does anyone know the where abouts of a museum in Italy that shows human cadavers that have been disected and preserved? These were done several hundred years ago. Hey, I'm not weird, just an interested surgeon.

Old May 16th, 2002, 12:04 PM
denise

I believe it is located in Florence. I can't remember the name of it but a good guide book should have information.

Old May 16th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Stiff

<BR>Yes, it is indeed in Florence. I cannot remember its name, but I saw a good book published by Taschen all about it. They are made of wax, though, as opposed to preserved human cadavers. Hey, what's up with weird?<BR><BR>Enjoy!

Old May 16th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Ben Haines

You probably know that Padua has a preserved renaissance anatomy theatre, a fine monument to the Enlightenment.<BR><BR>Welcome to Europe<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London

Old May 16th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Ben Haines

<BR>Dear Mr Blake (I use the English courtesy for a surgeon)<BR><BR>You probably know that Padua has a preserved renaissance anatomy theatre, a fine monument to the Enlightenment.<BR><BR>Welcome to Europe<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London<BR>

Old May 16th, 2002, 04:06 PM
Alice

the Museum of Science in Florence might be what above posters are thinking of, but its website did indicate cadavers, only wax models.<BR>http://galileo.imss.firenze.it/intro/emuseo.html