Reload this Page >

Amsterdam Hotel Recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 02:30 PM
Lee

Hi, everyone: I know that I can do a search, but I'm looking for some up-to-date and personal opinions here. <BR> <BR>My wife Mary found a good deal for Amsterdam airfare on US Airways from May 3rd to the 8th. She booked us. Now we need a reasonable, clean, comfortable hotel in a central location and I'm counting on my fellow Fodorite's. <BR> <BR>Any and all info is greatly appreciated. I know we need to book fast 'cause it's during tulip time. <BR> <BR>Thank you.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 04:13 PM
Danna

Lee, you may be way to late to book! We stayed at the Hotel Washington, loved it. See the Fodor's Rants and Raves for specifics. Call TODAY!

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 05:58 PM
Sandy

We'll be in A'dam from May 10-13 and tried about 4 hotels before we found one with rooms available. <BR> <BR>We are booked into Hotel Acro, Jan Luykenstraat 44, ph 011--31-20, fax 675-0811, www.acro-hotel.nl. This hotel was listed in Frommer's Little Black Book of Budget Hotel, 2001. <BR> <BR>I emailed them and received a very friendly and pleasant response back. We reserved two double rooms (w/bath) for approx $84 ea room including breakfast and taxes. The hotel is near the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum. <BR> <BR>Good luck, <BR>Sandy

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 06:32 PM
arjay

Can;t report what it's like till we get there next week, but I liked the sound of this place: <BR> <BR>http://www.bookings.nl/hotels/borgma...m=3&via=search <BR> <BR>(sorry about that length - I just went to my bookmarks and copied it for you - hope it works). <BR> <BR>Anyway, in addition to the appeal I found on the site, when I called, I was charmed by the response. That said - FAX, don't call. It cost me almost $20 (no fx available.) Good luck! If you strike out in A'dam, I've gathered that Haarlem is a handy, good next choice.

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 10:49 AM
Lee

Thank you everyone. I am going to start working on the three suggestions right away. Maybe we'll get lucky.

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 11:37 AM
Phil B.

Try the Swisshotel on Dam square, it is clean, and a great location.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 07:04 AM
Lee

All, I have yet to check out the Swisshotel and the Hotel Washington, but plan to. <BR> <BR>If it came down to either the Hotel Acro, the Villa Borgmann and the Hotel Toren, which would you choose if the prices were all within reason? I'm thinking that location, general accommodations and neighborhood as the deciding factors. Please add your own thoughts. Maybe the Washington or Swisshotel are better bets? <BR> <BR>Lastly, the Holiday Inn and Radisson are in the mix only because I've accumulated a lot of points on business travel and may get some free nights. I'd prefer the others for having more charm, but can't discount ant freebie, either. What's the thoughts on those two? <BR> <BR>Thanks folks, where would we be without you?