Reload this Page >

Amsterdam - hotel

Search

Amsterdam - hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Susan

Amsterdam - hotel

Hiya, <BR>Graeme and I are planning a quickie to Amsterdam this weekend and need accommodation somewhere close to the downtown centre. Something nice but reasonable. Any suggestions please? <BR> <BR>Susan

Old May 16th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Nancy

Not meaning to sound catty but from the experience I have had trying to find a place ~ starting in December ~ you should have already had the reservations!!! <BR> <BR>But, having said that, you can try the Hotel Prinsenhof, we will be staying there in 7 days. The mgt. worked with us & were very nice. <BR> <BR>http://www.hotelprinsenhof.com/hotel/map/showroom.html <BR> <BR>Good luck! <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old May 16th, 2001, 01:22 PM
s.fowler

A'dam DOES fill up fast. Here's a site that will give you availability. Not every hotel is on it and I'm not sure how up-to-date it is. You could get the info there and then contact the hotel directly if you prefer. <BR> <BR>http://www.bookings.nl/ <BR> <BR>I did a 2 & 3 star search and most of the hotels are at the airport. If you widen the search to 4 & 5 star there are some options fairly close in.

Old May 16th, 2001, 01:25 PM
s.fowler

There is a Hotel Janson that seems to have some avaiolability and is just beyond the center near the Museums. <BR> <BR>After that the best location vs. price is Swissotel. They are running a weekend special of about 240 euro per night. They are right on the Dam. <BR> <BR>Good luck! We were in A'dam in March and loved it

Old May 16th, 2001, 01:55 PM
m

i loved the estherea hotel. It's near everything but amsterdam in general is ocmapct so almost nowhere is too far from the sights.

Old May 16th, 2001, 01:55 PM
Sandy

We just returned Sun from Amsterdam. We had reservations for several months at the Acro (email: [email protected]). The hotel is in a great location--a couple of blocks from the Rijksmuseum and Leideseplein. <BR> <BR>The rooms were tiny but spotless and very well appointed (double bed, color tv w/remote, hairdryer in bathroom). We paid about $78/night. <BR> <BR>This hotel was listed in Frommer's Little Book of Budget Hotels 2001. We would stay there again. <BR> <BR>Sandy

Old May 16th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Anna

We stayed at the Owl Hotel in September 2000. It is near Vondelpark and a few blocks walk from the Leidesplein. It was easy to book online. <BR>http://www.owl-hotel.demon.nl/index.html

Old May 17th, 2001, 04:26 PM
Deena

We stayed at the Ambassade hotel right on the canal. We had a lovely room and the location was ideal. Great staff and lovely breakfast room.

Old May 17th, 2001, 05:17 PM
Isabelle

We stayed at the Canal House but it will most likely not be available. <BR>Try discounthotels.com they might have something.

Old May 17th, 2001, 05:42 PM
Meg

We always stay at The Bridge (www.thebridgehotel.nl, I think) on Amstel near the Skinny Bridge and have never paid more than $90 or so a night, including breakfast. Also check with Amsterdam House (they have a website) about rentals - they have good rates. Good luck finding a place and have a great week-end!

Old May 17th, 2001, 06:40 PM
richardab

I have stayed at the Westropa and liked it. Its small inexpensive and includes a good dutch breakfast with the room. The staff is also very friendly. The hotel is near the Leidseplein. The hotel is inexpensive and very clean! <BR> <BR>http://www.westropa.demon.nl/ <BR> <BR>