My boyfriend and I are heading back to Europe next month (February). It's our first time in any of these cities.
We fly into Amsterdam going south to Den Haag and Brussels, then to Greenwich in South East London before heading back home to NYC. It's a 14 day trip and we plan to spend about 4 days in each city. Our budget is about €2,500. That's mostly spending money (e.g. food, transportation, site-seeing, shopping). That said, we are young, budget travelers. We'd rather save on accommodations and transportation and spend on experiences.
Most of our stay is booked and includes meals. We were looking for some tips on accommodations in Amsterdam and Brussels. Any tips on high-rated, centrally located inns or hostels?
Also, we love site-seeing and being tourists. But don't want to miss out on authentic or off-the-beaten-path experiences from a local's perspective. Any tips on "can't miss" activities and great tasting "cheap eats" in any of these cities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 6 My France Vacation
- 7 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 8 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 9 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 12 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 13 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 14 Poland--where else to go
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 10 days in europe
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 19 Trans Siberian Train
- 20 GTG Paris December 2017
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 23 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 24 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 25 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens