Amsterdam-Anne Frank House booking

Old Mar 14th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amsterdam-Anne Frank House booking

I will book tickets on line.for Anne Frank House on Saturday 5 June-we are looking at an early entry time to avoid crowds, opening is 9am - 9pm on that day. Our hotel is the Bridge Hotel, near the Skinny Bridge. My questions are: 1. is the distance between Anne Frank House & the hotel walkable? 2. if so, what is the walking time?. If it is not walkable, how do we access by public transport? Many thanks for Fodorites help with this Trotsky
Old Mar 14th, 2010, 05:57 PM

I'm not entirely certain where your hotel is but you certainly can walk to the Anne Frank house from is and it will take no more than 20 minutes. Everything within the inner canals is easily walkable. There is the tram but unless your mobility is limited I'd walk. One caveat is to have your hotel map your walk for you. Amsterdam is relatively easy to get around. I usually have no trouble follwoing maps but often get turned around in Amsterdam. Could just be me. In fact it probably is me.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 12:24 AM

The easiest, though not the shortest, way to get there is to cross the Amstel at the Magerebrug and follow the Prinsengracht to the Anne Frankhuis.

The Stop/Go bus route runs along the Amtsel and then along the Prinsengracht but it doesn't start until 9am unfortunately http://tinyurl.com/mgt776.

I would allow about 30 minutes for the walk, just to be on the safe side.

You could get tram 14 from Rembrandtplein to Westermarkt, but even that takes about 20 minutes including the walking to the plein and from Westermarkt.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 05:47 AM

How and where do you book tickets? We will be there early July. Can you give me an idea of a safe way to book. Also we are in Australia and would be paying in a different currency is that a problem. Sorry just a little worried about doing it safely. Any help.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 06:11 AM

You can book your tickets online at: http://www.annefrank.org/content.asp?pid=1&lid=2
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks chevre & hetismij for your replies. We have no mobility problems, so the walk will be fine. With 6 weeks of European indulgence coming up we will need all the excercise we can get. Hetismij- the Stop Go bus sounds interesting-although too early for the Ann Frankhuis, I can see that it may be very useful for other times. RebeccaHWA- as jamikins says, you can book via the website. I assume the E8.50 per person will be converted & billed to our A$ credit cards (I am in Adelaide) If you are concered about credit card safety, advise your bank (if you have not already done so) that you will using the card for OS transactions so they are aware. If you do have dodgy transactions appear, speak with your bank-in my case Westpac reversed several a couple of years ago with no question.