COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

American electrical gadgets

Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 06:53 AM
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,136
I finally gave up on dual voltage appliances and bought a cheap hairdryer and curling iron. I also have a European heating coil for hot drinks. I bring along my European heating coil as well.

If I'm staying at hotels, I don't bother with the hair dryer, but this trip I'll be staying at a Goethe Institute where I doubt they'll provide hair dryers.
Pegontheroad is online now  
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 04:13 PM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 670
I meant to say adapter plug the kind that fits over your appliance's plug with round prongs that fit into European plugs. In older buildings in England the wall outlet may have three prongs so an adapter plug that fits that type of outlet is necessary, When I needed one I bought it in a local shop in London.
maxima is offline  
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 04:18 PM
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 986
At the risk of repeating myself, I once had a US hairdryer with a dual-voltage switch. It is now somewhere in a landfill near Dublin because the dang switch wouldn't switch. And Trinity College does not have hairdryers in the rooms. Purchased one at Tesco or similar and it worked a treat.
jaja is offline  
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 06:10 PM
Original Poster
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,058
Thanks for the GPS tips - we have a garmin - I shall have to look into it
lauramsgarden is offline  
Related Topics
Original Poster
Last Post
Aug 28th, 2017 01:24 PM
Oct 15th, 2012 10:50 AM
Mar 21st, 2012 10:16 AM
Oct 12th, 2010 11:46 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information