Amalfi Coast Hotel Recommendations

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 08:15 PM
Tony

Amalfi Coast Hotel Recommendations

Would like a charming hotel with a view of the bay from a room with a terrace. Any suggestions on where to stay either on Capri, Amalfi, Sorrento, or Naples.

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 09:15 AM
Sue

Hotel Villa Rosa in Positano fits the bill and was less than $100/nite for double room this past May. Right across the road from tres expensive Le Sirenuse , but with even better view. Charming,lovely room with nice bath; nothing "budget" about the appearance. Each room has its own private terrace where breakfast is served individually each morning, and is included in the room rate. Cannot say enough good things about it. It is family-owned with helpful, friendly staff. Lots of steps to climb to reception area from road-- only drawback, but there was a porter to help with luggage.

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 09:25 AM
grasshopper

I love the Hotel Aminta in Sorrento. www.aminta.it Check out the views for yourself.

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 09:32 AM
Colleen

I stayed at the Hotel Belvedere in August 1997. It is located in Conca Dei Marini I think - it is on the coast between Positano and Amalfi. I did not book in advance so I took the last room left, which was on the top floor and turned out to be amazing. It had an enormous terrace with great views. The room and bathroon also were very spacious.

As I recall, some of the common areas' furnishings were a bit dated, but the staff was wonderful (my rental car was washed for me without my asking!). I would stay here again. The only drawback, perhaps, is that it is a bit isolated from a town, though the bus goes right by the hotel.

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 10:03 AM
Michelle

My choice is the Tramonto D'Oro in Praiano about 15 mins. from Positano. Very nice hotel and really great room with spectacular views. I was just there in September and highly recommend it.

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 11:17 AM
steve

We stayed at the Hotel Miramare in Naples and had a nice room with a balcony and view of the bay. On Capri we stayed at Casa Morgano where we had a great room with a terrace and beautiful view.