Amalfi Coast

Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amalfi Coast

We are going to be there for 1 1/2 days and are staying in Positano. What should we be sure and do. It is just me and my hubby.

Should we go to Capri? Stay in Positano? We are going in mid-October.

Thanks,
Sharon
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 08:02 AM

You should take the bus or boat to Amalfi. The Byzantine cathedral is spectacular, and the market is beautiful. You may visit the Grotta dello smeraldo ("emerald cave") which is similar to the Blue Grotto on Capri, but can easily be accessed from the road.

If the weather is fine, you can take the boat to Capri and spend a couple of hours there.
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 08:05 AM

If you're there in mid October and you only have a day and a half, you're severely limited on things to do. Positano could well be closing up for the winter by then, as will most of the Amalfi coast. Depends on the weather at that time. However, it gives you time to explore Positano and not a lot else.

Take the winding steep walkway down to the beach from near the bus terminus, have a great lunch or dinner down there and explore all the little designer shops on the way and some of the cheaper ones.

I don't honestly think that you have enough time to go to Capri or any of the other Amalfi coast towns. You will get a flavour though and want to return!
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 06:08 AM

You certainly can take the bus to Amalfi or the one to Ravello. Thre is a open air bus that allows you to seee the coastline and small towns. One caveat- It can be quite breezy and cool there in October so bring a jacket. Also we found the the ocean was choppy then and we couldn't see the Grotto.
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 08:40 AM
ira

Have you looked up the AC under "Destinations"?