Search

Am so confused!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am so confused!

Have been doing extensive research and the more I read the more confused I get.
I am sure there are many out there that can help me and put me 'out of my misery'!
We are flying into Genoa (early part of October)- plan to spend the night in Genoa to recoup from night flight; then would like to visit Cinque Terre for 2 nights; day visit to Pisa and Lucca; then stop overnight along the way to the Amalfi coast area. We are planning to spend 4 nights in the area (with 1 night on Capri); then for our final day, visit Pompeii and the archeological museum in Naples; then spend the night at a good hotel in Naples for our flight the next day back home.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!!!
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 04:34 AM

jennie, I'm topping this for you.

You seem to have a good plan and it's hard to figure why you are "so confused". Perhaps if you were more specific with your questions, you'll get some responses.
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 04:49 AM
ira

Hi,

I agree. Sounds like a good plan. What's causing the confusion.
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 05:12 AM

If you are staying 4 days on the Amalfi coast, I wouldn't cart all my luggage over to Capri just to spend one night. Capri can be easily done on a day trip from Sorrento or from Naples.
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 05:25 AM
dln

Budman, I've been checking the ferry/hydrofoil schedules between Sorrento and Capri (www.capri.net, I believe) and from what I can see, the last one leaves Capri about 6:00! I've also been reading (here) that Capri changes amazingly when the hordes of daytrippers depart, and that seems to make a huge difference in one's attitude towards the island.

So unless there's a schedule out there that I've not unearthed, you have to leave the island before dinner, which means you won't get a feel for the "real" Capri. So maybe that's what would make it worthwhile to stay overnight, if even for one night alone.

Old Aug 20th, 2003, 05:52 AM

dln, point well taken, but I didn't see anything on the Island that would make me drag my luggage there for just one night. The packing & unpacking of suitcases during a trip can get old, that's why I try to settle down at one place and do day trips. Besides that, my wife takes the kitchen sink with her when she travels, and because I love her, I end up carting it for her all over the place. She tells me it's "just in case."
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 05:59 AM
dln

I'm with you on that one, Budman. I don't like pack/unpack either! And there's another husband out there who hauls the kitchen sink around for his beloved, but I'm not naming names.

Old Aug 20th, 2003, 06:11 AM

Hi,
I am not sure how long you will be on the plane, but I would take the train to the CT after my flight. It is about an hour away. We flew into Milan and drove directly to the CT. We were swimming and sleeping on the beach by noon. Again, less unpacking.
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Thank you to all who took the time to respond. Sorry, I guess the late hour that I posted my original message took it's toll on me - forgot to mention that I am unsure as to specific towns and hotels we should try to stay in.
I know that each of us has our own preferences so the choices will greatly vary. We are typically no less than 3*** hotelers.
p.s. we usually don't mind schlepping luggage (which we are trying to keep to a minimum)around.
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 05:42 AM
ira

topping for jennie