Alpi Eagles - a few questions

Dec 18th, 2003, 06:14 AM
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,784
Alpi Eagles - a few questions

Are the timetables for Alpi Eagles reliable? Are they known for cancelling flights? Is it wise to book a ticket VCE/PMO three months in advance?

Also, they require a phone number for during travel (or something like that) - what do you give them if you're going to be in transit for two entire days and don't carry a cell phone???
Holly_uncasdewar is offline  
Dec 18th, 2003, 08:55 AM
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 417
Alpi Eagles code shares with Meridiana. This past July our flight from Naples to Palermo (booked through Meridiana, but actually an Alpi Eagles flight) was cancelled without notice and we ended up having to wait 11 hours for the next one. On the other hand, there was no problem with our Alpi Eagles return flight from Catania. The lesson is to call ahead.
rbrazill is offline  
Dec 18th, 2003, 10:54 AM
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,784
That's exactly what I'm afraid of. Does anyone know if Volare is more reliable?
Holly_uncasdewar is offline  
Dec 18th, 2003, 11:11 AM
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 423
Hi Holly

Trip getting closer??

We were going to use Alpi Eagles from VCE to NAP last summer. Since our plans changed we didn't need the flight. But, we were told that if the AE plane was not at a break even point, they wouldn't fly. We were also told that Volare WILL fly no matter how many seats were full. More expensive too. Isn't Volare a subsidiary of Al Italia?
Lewis is offline  
Dec 18th, 2003, 12:04 PM
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,784
Hi, Lewis. I don't think Volare is anymore expensive, and don't know if it's affiliated with Alitalia (haven't seen that it is). It's more a matter of getting to VCE after traveling for 2 days, then chancing the plane leaving that evening (hotel res in PMO, etc.) OR land in VCE, train to Milan, where I can spend the night and then get a Volare flight out around noon the next day. Would rather fly right out of Venice, but that could be a major headache if they cancel the flight and the next one is around 7 a.m. I'm leaning toward going on to Milan and flying Volare the next day. This thing about providing a phone number for while you're in transit (Alpi Eagles) is really sending up a red flag for me.
Holly_uncasdewar is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:29 PM.