Almalfi coast in June

May 11th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Original Poster

Almalfi coast in June

Heading to the Almalfi coast the first week in June. We are looking to explore the area and would love itinerary suggestions as well as great hotels. We are experienced travelers who have visited much of Europe but haven't been there yet. Love to hear your favorites
May 11th, 2015, 07:50 PM

It was a few years back and I can't name "great hotels." But for sure this area is so beautiful. The term "scenic drive" fits the bill. We just viewed a Netflix film The Trip to Italy which has two sophisicated guys traveling in Amalfi and other areas...their sight seeing, dining, hotels, etc. So this might be fun to see.
May 11th, 2015, 10:06 PM

You're going in 3 weeks and haven't already booked lodging??

It would help if you stated a budget and what town(s) you were considering, but I don't think you should waste any time in seeing what's still available in your idea of the "great" category. Search on booking.com, venere.com, tripadvisor.com, etc.
May 11th, 2015, 11:39 PM

I just searched your dates using venere.com and there is very little available. Hotel Poseidon in Positano has some availability and is in a great location.
http://www.hotelposeidonpositano.it/

I think you can't afford to be too choosy at this late stage.
May 12th, 2015, 09:29 AM
WWK

Agree with the others! Get on it ASAP! The Hotel Poseidon is wonderful. I've stayed there many times.

If it's available, Hotel le Sirene in Praiano has very nice rooms and an excellent restaurant, but you're a few miles away from Positano.

Good luck!
May 12th, 2015, 10:55 AM
ekc

Another vote for Poseidon. Great hotel in a great location, in the most picturesque village on the AC in my opinion.

But holy cow book ASAP. Most places have been booked for months.

From Positano you can do a day trip to Capri via ferry. You can also do a day trip to Amalfi and Ravello via ferry. You can hike the Path of the Gods if you are into hiking. I am into relaxing on my vacations in Positano, so spend most of my time relaxing on the beach or in a cafe and exploring the town.
May 12th, 2015, 12:03 PM

Agree that you are VERY late - and who knows what will be left? Usually the very top and the very bottom of the price spectrum book up first.

But if you provide a specific budget in euros, tell us how many "we" are, and which town you want to stay in.

We have stayed at a great hotel in Sorrento - Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria - but no idea if it has room, if it fits your budget - or you are willing to stay in Sorrento. (It has lovely rooms, many with terraces or balconies overlooking the bay of naples, a great pool and is set in a gorgeous garden even though the entrance is on the town's main piazza.)
May 12th, 2015, 02:27 PM

We are going in September and could not get a room at the Poseidon. Just a suite was available. We booked at the Positano Art Hotel. It got great reviews from Trip advisor. We are happy about $350.00 per night. They also have a Facebook page.
May 12th, 2015, 02:49 PM

I just spent 5 days at the Hotel Marina Rivieria in Amalfi.
It was a lovely hotel, in a great location . Our room had a fabulous view of the town and the sea.
The service was incredible as were the breakfasts.
I can not say enough positive things about this wonderful hotel
May 12th, 2015, 02:55 PM

One of our favorite times was at Villa Rosa in Positano on the big balcony drinking wine and eating great foods that the deli in town recommended! We had a car and drove all around the Amalfi coast - it is magnificent!!!