Reload this Page >

All YOU PARIS EXPERTS....please help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 02:48 PM
jack

We are a couple going to Paris mid march of 2003. W ehave already booked a flight and naturally the 2nd step is booking accomodations. We want to be close to shopping (wife likes department stores and designers), cafes and cinemas.We like the idea of strolling around the hotel. A safe location is also very important. We have choosen 5 hotels and would appreciate any comments on them. They areBR>1- a SUPERIOR room in hotel le warwick champs elysees.<BR>2- a SUPERIOR room in waldorf madeleine.<BR>3-a STANDARD room in california paris champs elysees hotel.<BR>4- a SUITE in libertel lafayette (49 rue la fayette)<BR>5- a DOUBLE DELUXE in new hotel roblin.<BR><BR><BR>Which of these fits my criteria? <BR><BR>Jack Lind

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 04:10 PM
xxx

If it's just shopping then go for the Waldorf Madeline since that's close to the main dept. stores, Galeries Lafayette &amp; Au Prinemps. But as for cafes not that many as in the Latin Qtr./St. Germain areas.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 04:54 PM
no

None of these areas are that far apart..I can walk from the 6th , 7th, 1st, 5th and I AM OLD! There are buses and metros...why do you limit yourself by a department store when the whole of Paris is around you? Stay where you think you will be happy at the end of the day..I would go for left bank, but that is a personal preference, or the Ile de St Louis or the Marais. Champs Elysee is not my first choice.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Christina

They are all close to shopping and not far from cinemas. There are cafes everywhere in Paris, but some of those locations are more business-y. I would not stay on rue Lafayette in the 9th with those choices. I would probably choose a superior room in the Warwick just because I've read it's a very nice hotel and that it has a pretty good restaurant/bar also. I haven't stayed there, just used their taxi queue once. I don't think the Waldorf is as nice as the Warwick, but I'm not sure about that. I don't know anything about the Hotel Roblin. I've also heard the Hotel California is very nice, it's on rue de Berri so isn't very far from the Warwick, but superior rooms usually beat standards.<BR><BR>The only one I think of as perhaps a very different area than the others it the one on rue Lafayette.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 07:04 PM
kate

I would not presume to be a Paris Expert but I will say that I would not stay in any of these hotels.<BR>We always stay on the Left Bank, that is where we feel we are most at home. The cafes, shops,galleries, brasseries, good restaurants are all there. Check hotels around the Blvd St Germain. You will find more than enough to suit your tastes.<BR>

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 11:47 AM
dick

warwick is fine...comfortable and just off the champs...but it lacked french flair:when you were inside it could have been a fine hotel in any city!<BR>our last stay was at ambassador [part of concord group] on blvd haussman...just down the street from galleries lafayette and the old opera house..2 metro stops withoin a block or 2 in either direction...thick windows cut out all street noise and double doors cut out hallway noise...fine spot and well run..