All packed-what to wear on flight

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2003, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Merry Christmas everyone! All packed and ready to go. One last decision-what to wear on overnight flight. Would like to wear comfortable Chicos travellers, but think it might be just too cold landing in London. Hmmmm, then again..

I'd like to thank everyone for all your help in answering questions. This board in invaluable and many times entertaining as well.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. May the New Year bring you wonderful travels and experiences. Safe journeys to all.

Viv
Old Dec 21st, 2003, 08:06 AM

Wear the Chico travellers on the plane. Pack a pair of silk or other thermals in your carry-on. (They won't take much room or weigh too much.) An alternative is to pack them in your checked baggage but put them in a ziploc on top so you can easily remove them after you retrieve your baggage. If you find that it's cold when you arrive, you'll be able to pop into a restroom/W.C. at the airport or elsewhere and put them on underneath your travellers. I probably wouldn't wear the thermals/silks on the plane as you might get too warm.
Old Dec 21st, 2003, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks,carrolldf. The long silks are packed in the carry on.Good idea of popping into w/c and adding them.Think I'll do that on plane before arrival! Thanks again.
Old Dec 21st, 2003, 09:08 AM
JonJon

All three of the major London airports are adequately heated, even in the baggage claim areas!!!! That means that the only "elements" you are going to encounter would be when you leave the terminal for your transportation and again at the other end when you are outside of your chosen accommodation.

I would worry more about being comfortable on the plane ride than all this "rugged and frigid" outdoors you think you are headed for.

Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 08:52 AM

I'd suggest, dress in layers on the plane - I'm usually cold when flying but that's just me. Also choose your shoes wisely - it seems that if you wear gym shoes they don't require you to take them off at airport security, but since they just raised the U.S. terror threat level yesterday that may change. If you're bringing shoes that slip on and off that might be the most practical thing to wear through the airport checkpoint.