Alitalia Airline recently?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone flown on Alitalia recently? There are only posts from several years ago and not good ones.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 12:16 PM

Try looking up Alitalia on www.airlinequality.com. You'll get lots of feedback there. Alitalia gets 3 stars for economy, 4 stars for business class.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks girlspy...
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 12:40 PM

Good call, Girlspytravel.

Skytrax also will give you info on airport quality, lounge quality, etc....

Check out www.seatguru.com to see what their airline seat size is and what they fly.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 12:54 PM

Not my favorite airline for a number of reasons. One being I don't like having to check the strike schedules just to book a flight.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Strike schedule? No mention of that when I BOUGHT my tickets. I checked out the www.airlinequality.com and now I can look forward to a late flight (probably cancelled), worn ripped seats, broken toilet, lost luggage, gross food, nasty attendants that are missing the whole flight, pilots that have temper tantrums in front of and at passengers, and absolutely no customer service. I will cry for 12 or more hours and hopefully make it to Italy and then try to have a great time before I have to go back to Alitalia and be treated like crap. I will now be researching how to tolerate and survive this hell....trying not to cry....
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 01:36 PM

ljc4creb - I flew Alitalia very recently and was not impressed. Although I had very low expectations anyway, so it was also not terrible. The food was bad, the beverage service was even worse. On a 7+ hr flight from Milan to Boston, the cart only came around twice, and I think the second time was because so many people were going back to get a glass of water that they got fed up with passengers milling around. The bathrooms were despicable, but the flight crew was very nice. Fortunately, they did not lose my luggage, and our flight was delayed getting into Rome by only an hour. If I had no choice and had to fly them again, I would still maintain my low expectations, and would defintely bring food on the plane.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 01:37 PM

It's unlikely all of those things or even most will happen. If you read all the complaints of everyone at once, it will sound bad, but so do most airlines on that web site.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 01:40 PM

ljc - where are you flying from/to. That can make a difference.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

I am flying from Boston, then Venice to Rome to Boston.........still feeling ill.......
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 02:04 PM

I give five stars for business to Alitalia. We flew to Milan and it was really a very good service. Arrived in time, but it is not only the food, the coffee, the icecreams on board, it is the elegence of its super confortable light grey seats, temendous distance between seats and also the very casual, but polite Alitalia personel on board. I really like it.Everything was so roomy , like there is like a bar space in business. A very nice experience.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Graziella....you are not talking about economy seats, right?
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 02:21 PM

I assume you are making a connection Bos-?-Venice. You might be on a long distance flight with a new plane, like a 777 out of New York. You also could be flying on Delta plane and crew, even though it says you are on Alitalia. Like Delta/Alitalia Atlanta to Rome is a Delta set up.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

TravMimi......sorry, I wasn't clear. Flying from Boston to Rome. Coming home, will leave Venice airport to Rome and then to Boston.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 02:39 PM

We flew Alitalia business class last July from JFK-Rome, Milan-JFK, and roundtrip from Rome-Athens. The transatlantic portion was very good, although the food was pretty bad. The Rome-Athens portion was terrible- torn seat cushions, bad service, and delays on either end.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

So, it is looking like my first trip to Italy with my husband will be accompanied by our new friend Lunesta.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 02:47 PM

Wow....Weadles, Then we were very lucky. We also fly business Alitalia, Rome to Madrid, and although it was not as nice as the inter continental flight, it was a nice flight. In my experience much better than flying Air France from Paris to Madrid the year before., not any better or any worse than KLM, Madrid to Amsterdam.
There was a set back in this Alitalia flight, ALL LUGGAGE was delayed in ROME.I mean the luggage of every single person.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 02:47 PM

Al Italia was nothing special. Food in economy was below average and nothing to drink except water and some red liquid they called orange juice. I'd still take it because it's a direct flight NYC-Rome rather than make a connection. Delta codeshare on the way back was better.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Do they only codeshare with Delta from certain places?
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 03:24 PM

ljc - they code share with a lot of airlines. You can research your flight number and it will tell you exactly what type of flight it is. Code share, type of aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -