COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Alhambra info and advice please

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:48 PM
spain

Alhambra info and advice please

How long does it take to tour the Alhambra? Why is it suggested to visit at night? Is this a good suggestion? One visit enough? Thanks for any advices ...

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:17 PM
ttt

Topping!!!!!

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:44 PM
Bing

I was there last year. It took me almost a whole day affair to tour Alhambra, (went with a tour group) although it was daytime when I went. Not to miss this place to visit. The Arab influence in this city is still very apparent with all the relics that are still standing right now. Be prepared to do lots of walking. There s a museum within Alhambra if I'm not mistaken.
One visit is enough. Try to go you will love it. Have fun.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:09 PM
GGinSF

People suggest the evening (dusk) because it's just so beautiful around sunset and romantic in the evening. I think starting in the afternoon but hanging around until evening would be ideal. It should take 3 hours or so to see everything. You could rush it in two or stretch it to 4+. One visit is enough but once every few years would be great. I know I can't wait to go back.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Paul

My wife and I ended up doing two trips. There is a limit on tickets sold per day, so it is advised to book ahead or show up first thing in the morning. We had a day visit and a night visit. the day visit should be enough and it takes about 3-4 hours. However, you shouyd show up one hour prior to your appointed time to allow for delays since they only allow you into the Nazarid Palaces durin the half-hour specified on your ticket. At night, access to several parts of the Alhambra is restricted and the audiotours (which are a waste of money in this cae IMHO) are not available. However, there are less people, it is cooler and you get to see some architectural and decorative features that were less obvious during the day due to crowds and lighting. If you has to pick, definitely do the day or afternoon tour.