Reload this Page >

Airport Shuttle in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 09:16 AM
Nina

Has anyone used them for transportation to and from the airport? What was your experience with them? Can I just fax them the information? Call? I'm not leaving for Paris until April, is it too early to arrange this stuff now? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Nina

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 09:23 AM
upsy daisy o

<BR>check the post I brought to the top for you!!! Hope it helps!

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 09:53 AM
Maria

Hi Nina: <BR> <BR>I used the Paris shuttle last year and it was a very good experience. When I arrived at the airport in Paris, before picking up my luggage I called them to let them know I had arrived. By the time I picked up my luggage, they were already there. On the way back they picked me up right on time. I highly recommend using their service.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 03:10 PM
Bob Brown

I have used the airport shuttle twice. <BR>Both times I emailed my credit card number and followed the procedure they described, which is to call them toll free and arrange a pick up point. <BR>We got to our hotel both times, but last September we came upon south east Paris from the west! Scenic tour, but after that long a flight, I wanted to get to my hotel. That is one drawback to the shuttle, you share the ride most of the time and the driver is told how to deliver the passengers. <BR> <BR>You do not need to arrange the service until 10 days or so before you leave. Perhaps 2 weeks. I think you could do with less notice!

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 06:01 PM
Alice

We haved used Paris Shuttle 2 trips, and did not provide any credit card info up front. I did pay in francs most of the time, but one however. It is your choice. I will continue to use this service as it is door-to-door but much less expensive than a taxi (note that other passengers going to other hotels may also be included in your pickup).

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 06:11 PM
Wendy

We used the book-ahead by e-mail airport shuttle this summer to go from our hotel to CDG. I recommend fibbing about your flight departure time. I did that based upon feedback I read on this site and I'm glad I did it. They were about 1/2 hour late because of some unforseen traffic problems in the area which also made us that much later getting back out of the city to the airport. The couple who rode to the airport with us missed their flight because of the lateness. I bascially told them our flight departed an hour earlier than it did. I'm the type that gets pretty stressed out about being late for flights, so I would prefer to be to the airport early that being really stressed out about missing the flight.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 07:47 PM
kathy

We used the shuttle service last November and were a disappointed. Our flight to CDG was two hours late and when we called for the shuttle, they told us that they could not pick us up because our flight was delayed too long. So we had to take the RER into the city--which wasn't so bad. On the way out, the shuttle was on time and we made our flight in plenty of time. I'm not sure that I would use them again if our hotel is located near the RER.