Reload this Page >

Airport Meeting location advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:04 AM
Julie

Hello. I leave for Paris on Thursday with 6 friends. As fate would have it, we are arriving on 3 different flights. 4 of us arrive on United and the other 3 arrive on two Delta flights. From what I can tell, United arrives into CDG Terminal 1 and Delta arrives into CDG Terminal 2. I was trying to find a location for all of us to meet at the airport. Initially I had thought the RER station would be easiest. However in checking out the RER maps, both Terminal 1 & Terminal 2 have train stations. Would it be possible for those in Terminal 2 to take the train to Terminal 1 stop and “hop out” to wait for us? Note, we’re all mid-20’s to late 30’s most of us who typically take public transportation to work (Chicago). I am just unsure how large these stations are? Or if anyone has another recommendation for a central meeting locale, that would be appreciated as well.<BR><BR>Thank you in advance,<BR>Julie<BR>

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 08:12 AM
topping

ttt

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 08:17 AM
xxx

Why not meet at the hotel or a cafe near the hotel?

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Julie

Sounds quite a bit simpler, doesn't it?Initially the 3 flying w/ Delta were hesitant as 2 have never been to Europe and none speak French. I also wanted to make sure that they met up as they are on 2 different flights. <BR><BR>I am now inclined to think they should leave a message at the hotel for us when they arrive stating that they have found each other and departed for Paris, or instructions on where to meet if one is delayed/lost etc.<BR><BR>Any other advice would of course still be welcome. <BR><BR>Thank you,<BR>Julie

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 08:44 AM
barb

I believe one of the major hotel chains has a hotel at CDG. My sister and I had the same problem last year in Paris - arriving within one hour of each other at different terminals. We both hopped the terminal bus to the hotel - want to say it was either Marriot or Sheraton and we agreed to meet at the Concierge's desk. Took about 25 minutes from getting off the flight to getting there. (Didn't have a checked bag.) Worked for us perfectly and my sister who arrived earlier than I did said she had a chance to look at several local magazines to get some ideas for restaurants from the concierge there.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 09:14 AM
beth

here is a link for the CDG website. It includes very detailed maps of the terminal.<BR>I have met up with my parents twice at CDG; each we arrived at different terminals within about an hour.<BR>I looked at the map, chose a specific door at the terminal at which they arrived (I think I chose the door from which the Air France bus left) and then just hopped on the air france shuttle bus over to terminal 1. We also had a backup plan of agreeing to proceed on our own to the hotel, if someone didn't show within a set amount of time.<BR>http://www.adp.fr/

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Bob Brown

I have been in and out of CDG 5 times now, and I understand your problem.<BR>There is a shuttle but that transports passengers between the two terminals, T1 and T2.<BR>The complication with T2 is that it consists of 5 different halls. Usually Delta and Air France flights arrive at Hall C. Hall F is now open, and some international flights arrive there as well, but I am not sure which ones.<BR><BR>Arriving at CDG, T1 and T2 is like arriving at two different airports which just happen to be close to each other. I have two suggestions:<BR><BR>1. If you want to find each other at the airport, I suggest doing it at Hall C of T2. There is a cafe/pastry place called La Brioche Doree located on the Hall A end of C. The first to arrive can enjoy a leisurely cup of coffee and/or a dessert or two while waiting. I doubt if any problems would arise unless you stayed more than 2 hours. The French believe in long occupancy of a cafe type table.<BR>2. If you think meeting at a hotel would be better, I suggest taking the ParisShuttle. It works like this.<BR>After arrival, call a toll free number and learn at which gate to wait.<BR>The van will take you to your hotel.<BR>Cost is reasonable. If there are 3 of you together, a taxi is just about as costly, and more convenient.<BR>The drivers usually speak enough English to take you to your hotel.<BR><BR>3. Take the shuttle to the T2 RER station and meet there. The problem is that there are a lot of people around there coming and going. With the La Brioche Doree option, some of you will be sitting still having something to eat and drink.<BR><BR><BR>I just recently took the Paris Shuttle, managed by Mark Harris, and after I convinced the driver that my name was Brown and that I indeed had a reservation, we got there ok.<BR><BR>

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Marilyn

Whatever you do, have a fall-back plan in case one of the flights is seriously delayed. You don't want to be waiting at the airport if one of the flights is 6 hours late!

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Julie

Thank you everyone for your prompt replies! I have printed out this thread and will review with my group this evening.<BR><BR>Again, many thanks.<BR>Julie