Airport Hotel in Istanbul

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are planning a trip to Turkey (Istanbul and Cappadocia). We are hanging out in Istanbul for 4 days, flying to Capadocia for a couple of days, and then heading back to Istanbul for one day before flying back to the states. Does anyone have any recommendation for a good reasonably price hotel close to Atatürk International Airport?
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 08:05 AM

We had an earlier morning flight out of Istanbul and looked into options near the airport but most of the hotels were pricy and did not appear to be that great. We ended up spending our last night back in Istanbul and had a cab take us to the airport. The drive over was only about 20 minutes. Once we got there we were very happy with our decision, as we felt that spending the last night in Istanbul was a much better option.

Tracy
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 09:00 AM

Another vote for staying in the city that night and taking a cab.
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice - we are actually getting into Istanbul late the night before our flight out - so we won't really have any extra time to spend in Istanbul - it didn't seem worth it to get into the airport, take a cab into the city at 10pm, and then come right back to the airport the next morning.
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 12:25 PM

We stayed at the Istanbul International Airport Hotel. It is supposedly connected to the airport, but we took a shuttle. You need to call for it from the information desk when you arrive. They picked us up within 10 minutes. Like you, we arrived later in the evening and then had a 5:50am flight out - yuck. The hotel has a shuttle that runs around the clock so we had no trouble in the morning. The room was very nice, big and had free wifi. Well, free is a stretch since the room was around 200 euros. I would stay there again.
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 12:32 PM

awright, I understand and from that standpoint I too would just stay closer to the airport. We arrived in Istanbul mid-morning on our last day and our flight left early the next morning but it left us with plenty of time for some last-minute sightseeing and a decent dinner.

We had problems finding decent hotels near the airport, at least with the searches I did. I'm sure the Istanbul International Airport Hotel is nice, but I personally couldn't justify spending 200 euroes for essentially 7 or 8 hours, even if that was in our budget. We were looking for something pretty cheap inexpensive (under 100 euro per night) because we had to leave early in the morning and that's why we ended up just booking in Istanbul.

In any event, good luck with your searching! I did see plenty of hotels near the airport as we were driving to the city.

Tracy
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 05:16 AM

I stayed at WOW Airport Istanbul Hotel (4 stars). There is another hotel (5 stars) right next to this airport hotel. It was like 78 GBP per night, but you may find better deal. The cleaness is alright, and the distance from the airport is about 5 minutes taxi ride, which is about 5 TL (about 2 Euro). There is also free shuttle bus between the airport and the hotel, but there was no service when I arrived at the airport, and I took a taxi. There is no shop around the hotel, and if you want to buy a bottle of water, it costs you 6 TL while you can have the same one at 0.50 TL in town. I thought the room service was too pricy, but there is no restaurant around there, and I just went to bed. I had two large luggages, but they did not give me anybody to help me to bring my stuff to the room. Breakfast buffet is OK with all sort of stuff which you can think of at a hotel. The impression of this hotel was not really outstanding, but as I wanted a safe clean place close to the airport, it was OK. I would probably stay at the same place if I would ever have to stay in a hotel close to Ataturk Istanbul Airport, because the other hotels are more less the same.