Reload this Page >

airline to london

Search

airline to london

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2000, 07:33 AM
phyllis

airline to london

What preferences do you have? Virgin, Aer Lingus, British? How does American compare?

Old Sep 19th, 2000, 03:57 PM
Joe

Definitely Virgin, if you can go in their "special" Economy Class or above.

Old Sep 20th, 2000, 03:21 AM
Karen

Hi. I've flown with 4 airlines from London to the US (all economy). <BR>Virgin were definitely the best - good food, good service, own TV screens. BA were also quite good, only slight delays. Northwest were the worst for delays, with all 4 flights way behind schedule and all flights overbooked. American were very poor on food and had endless problems with the return flight (broken toilets, screen not working, my reading light constantly flicking on and off all night). <BR>Hope this helps <BR>Karen

Old Sep 20th, 2000, 11:10 AM
Ashley

I just flew to/from London from the US on American and was very surprised at what fantastic flights I had. They flew the new Airbus 777 jets, which are wonderful planes. The food was good, each seat had its own tv with several choices of music, tv or movies and the flight crew was friendly.

Old Sep 20th, 2000, 12:37 PM
Jane

Virgin wins hands down. Better food, better service and fab seatback videos/nintendo.

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 05:30 AM
Vanessa

Virgin wins hands-down! What a great airline! I just flew with them to London last week and had a wonderful experience. Great food (very filling dinner, fruit and even an ice cream bar as a treat after the meal). They have great goodie bags that they give to the passengers that include socks, ear plugs, eye-mask, mints, toothpaste/toothbrush with a mini-rubber ducky). They even ask random passengers to fill out a survey about the service which shows me they are always trying to improve.