Airfare to London for Spring Break

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used miles for the past few years taking trips during Spring Break. This time I need to pay cash. I've been watching airfares for weeks and see it inching higher as time goes by. Indianapolis to London is coming up $707 on American Airlines with one stop both ways with preferred timings. Travel dates are March 23 and April 1. Should I pull the trigger?
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 10:35 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
That seems OK to me. But before puling the trigger -- plug your dates into AA Vacations to just see if you can get a better deal. By packaging a hotel or car rental with the airfare there is sometimes quite a discount. You wouldn't have to book every night via the package. You could book the R-T airfare and just one or two nights and still get a package price.

Different time and different class of service but just to illustrate: In Dec I'm flying R-T Calif to LHR in business (am heading on to Munich for a river cruise after 3 nights in London). A 12 day R-T in/out of LHR including 3 nights in a solid 4 star hotel came out nearly $1000 less than just the R-T airfare alone.
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! That's a nice savings. I am planning to stay at a hotel on points but will check to see if there's a decrease if I book 1 night on AA Vacations. Thanks a lot!