Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Airbus transport from Victoria to Heathrow

Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:54 AM
Bhakti

Want to use Airbus service next early January from Victoria Coach Station to Heathrow T3. Bus will only stop at Heathrow Airport Bus Central Station, how can I reach T3 from Bus stop point?
Is it true time elapse only 45 minutes? I must catch international flight at 09:30 while first bus start at 07:30 and also need time for boarding and immigration process.
Appreciate your advise.

Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:07 AM
Keith

I'm assuming that you're travelling on a weekday, in which case I would advise against using the bus. It's pretty likely that you will have traffic delays in getting out there; also, you should check your check-in times - international flights still usually require a two-hour check in at Heathrow.

I'd suggest the Heathrow Express for this journey, or at a push the Underground (Picadilly Line from Green Park.)

Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:25 AM
Geoff Hamer

If you can walk to Victoria tube station, take the District Line to Hammersmith, then change to the Piccadilly Line for Heathrow (it's the same platform so there are no steps). The trains start early and run frequently, while any bus is liable to be stuck in traffic jams.

Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:15 AM
ron

I agree with the others that a 7:30 bus from Victoria will not get you to Heathrow T3 for a 9:30 departure. You will need to leave earlier and take the underground or Heathrow Express train. But, to answer your question, its about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the CBT to T3 (using the same tunnel that gets you from the underground station and the Heathrow Express station).

Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:23 AM
janis

Agree w/ the others entirely. You cannot take the bus and have a prayer of getting to LHR in time. Also agree w/ Geoff you should take the Dist line to Hammersmith and change to Picadilly there. That way you don't have to transfer through Green Park station.

Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:56 PM
Bhakti

Thanks for all recommendation. Yes I'll ride Tube Distric Line to Hammersmith then change to. Piccadilly Line for Heathrow T3 without change platform. My travel date shall be Saturday, 4 Jan 2003. Will take earlier tube than 07:30

Dec 4th, 2002, 07:22 AM
xxx

It's not my intention to muddy the information that has already been provided, but the timing of the Tube trip from Victoria to the airport concerns me.
Please, all of you who are more familiar with the Tube schedules chime in if I am being overly cautious.
Would an estimate of 60 minutes travel time from Victoria Station to Heathrow be too much? That would have to include the change of lines at Hammersmith . And the time it takes to get from the Heathrow Tube station up to the airline check-in counter would have to be added.
If Bhakti 's plane is scheduled to depart at 0930 and if he needs to be at Heathrow at least 2 hours before this time, then he would have to be on the Tube from Victoria by 0630 at the latest, I am guessing. This leaves no time for unexpected Tube delays or his making a wrong turn somewhere along the way.
If the cost of taking the Heathrow Express from Paddington is not an issue for Bhakti ,perhaps that would be an option that would allot him the most time to comfortably make his scheduled flight.

Dec 4th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Geoff Hamer

Yes, it would be best to allow one hour to get from Victoria to Heathrow - it's better to arrive too early rather than too late - but what's the advantage in the Heathrow Express ? You'd have to get a tube, bus or taxi from Victoria to Paddington which could cause a delay, and the Heathrow Express can be disrupted just like any other service. The simplest and most frequent service from Victoria is via the District and Piccadilly Lines.

Dec 4th, 2002, 08:44 AM
xxx

I guess the missing piece of information that would determine the most expedient way to get to Heathrow is why Bhakti is beginning the London part of his journey at Victoria Coach Station.
If he is arriving ,by bus on the morning of Jan 4 ,at the coach station from some place outside of London that is one thing.
But if he has spent the preceding night IN London then it would make sense for him to forget about the coach station and just proceed by whatever means he chooses directly to Paddington and take the 15 minute journey to the airport via the Express.
Or he could just get himself from his overnight lodging to the nearest Tube station and then if needs be, transfer to the Piccadilly line.