Search

Airbus Safety

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Jill

Airbus Safety

I have been told Airbuses are unsafe, and American pilots will (therefore)not fly them. Anyone care to share their opinon/expertise on that info? Is this the only type plane Aer Lingus uses?

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:25 AM
jake

Well, in that case, since American, Northwest, United and US Airways all operate Airbuses, they must have to import a lot of foreign pilots.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Jill

Thanks, Jake. You gave me my chuckle of the afternoon. I figured what I'd been told was not accuate.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Christina

They won't? They fly them all the time. Also, the AA Pilots union even opposed grounding the A300 model (the one of that AA crash, I think), as well as the NTSB (there were only 8 guys who wanted that from the news reports). I like Airbuses in terms of space and comfort over Boeing myself. If you are concerned, there are detailed air safety stats on the FAA or NTSB web sites somewhere as I've looked at them -- you will find tons of incidents regarding Boeing planes, also.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 07:55 AM
rlr

They may be safe but I HATE them. Feels like a cattle car. If I have a choice, I take anything but an airbus.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Willie

Well as I see it you want to know about an<BR>airbus?Well a bus has wheels and rolls on<BR>the ground.You want to fly?Look for an<BR>airplane.Get in one of those bad boys then<BR>you have something.