Reload this Page >

Air France Shuttle vs. PariShuttle

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Helen

Any ideas? I have to go to Montpanarsse in the 14th district from the airport and I'm trying to figure out which is better to take. I called Air France but they really aren't much help.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Amy

If your hotel is near the Gare Montparnasse, then the Air France shuttle is easy.<BR><BR>We're used to taking the taxi to our stays on the Left Bank near Ile de la Cite. We took the rail there once (never again!!!). On our last stay, we happened to be staying in Montparnasse and were forced into taking the Air France shuttle when our reserved taxi did not arrive at the hotel one rainy Monday. It was a very pleasant surprise. The bus is clean, comfortable, and can handle big luggage if that's a problem. As far as cost, I remember it being the same for the four of us as our average taxi ride.<BR><BR>It was so nice that my parents used the Air France shuttle on their next trip both ways without any hassles. For just two persons, it was much less expensive than a taxi. I think you catch it at Exit 34 of CDG (go to the airport website and you can track it down). No need to reserve--comes every half-hour, I believe. Pay on the spot. Make sure you look for the one that goes to Montparnasse (the same one also stops at Gare de Lyon), because there's another Air France shuttle to other areas of the city.<BR><BR>Now if your hotel is not near the Gare de Montparnasse, then I think taxi or ParisShuttle (which we haven't experienced) are better alternatives.<BR>Good luck.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Beth

It is my understanding that the Air France bus only goes to a few (two?)specific destinations, where the PariShuttle is an address-specific drop-off. We have used Parishuttle for two trips now and were quite satisfied. Depending on where in Montparnasse, using Air France, you would have a walk with your luggage. My friend did just this and found it exhausting after a long flight.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Christina

I think it's clear that unless you can walk to your hotel from the bus dropoff point near Gare Montparnasse, you should take a shuttle if you don't want a cab. YOu will likely not even be able to get a cab from there to your hotel if it's only a couple blocks, that's not far enough to take a cab (they really will not like it, not sure what they'll do unless you are at least close to a mile away; if your hotel is way south down near rue d'Alesia, you could probably take a cab from the gare there).

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Suzie

I was very interested in reading these posts, as I have the same question. I'm staying in a hotel very near Gare Montparnasse, in fact, the hotel recommended that I take the Air France Bus from CDG. I took the ParisShuttle last year from my hotel in St. Germain back to the airport and found it quite satisfactory, and they pick you up right at the hotel. I may do that for my trip back to airport, but will wait and see how long a walk the Air France bus stop is. I also have taken the RER from the airport, as my hotel was quite close to the Luxembourg stop. It was the cheapest (I had a Paris Visite card) and quick in to Paris, once I found the train station at the airport. <BR>But that took some doing! I would definitely do that again if I were staying near an RER stop. But I won't if I have the change to the Metro - too many stairs.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 09:42 AM
janice

Helen contact Mark at Parishuttle as he is offering reduced rates for Fodors people using his bus.<BR>Personally I thought the service was very good.<BR>

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 10:04 AM
ttt

topping for helen

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Helen

Janice, <BR><BR>Do you have an e-mail for mark from parishuttle? i remember seeing an e-mail somewhere, but can't remember where.<BR><BR>Thanks so much!

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Alyssa

Hi,<BR><BR>This is his e-mail address, I just made reservations for our trip this coming weekend with paris shuttle.<BR><BR>Alyssa<BR>mark.parishuttle@wanadoo .fr