Air Conditioned Hotel In Zurich

Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

Air Conditioned Hotel In Zurich

We are looking for a non-***** Zurich hotel which has A/C and is near the train station, as we will be using Zurich as a base for day train trips. The Marriott qualifies but is rather expensive. Some listings for the Scheuble show it as having A/C (the Utell web site), others don't. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:39 PM
dkw

Taxatty:

I successfully bid on the Zurich Marriot for our upcoming trip in May thru Priceline. We had reservations there for $220 per night, but through Priceline we were able to get a rate of $80 per night for the same type of room (standard double). I used the website www.biddingfortravel.com for advice. You might give it a try if your travel dates are firm, as once your bid is accepted there are no changes or refunds!!

Apr 22nd, 2003, 07:23 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Opera, which was convenient to everything, had great rooms, and had A/C. Also buffet breakfast included.
Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:14 AM
Bootman4U

The Marriott website Marriott.com will tell you whether or not the rooms are air conditioned as will a phone call to their reservations network.

Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:07 PM

The Zurich Marriott is air conditioned. However, AC is usually not required in Zurich for temperature control- It is sometimes needed for noise control. The rooms are a little small for the money IMHO...
Apr 24th, 2003, 02:06 PM

taxatty: The Central Plaza Hotel (www.central.ch) is a fine hotel and very convenient. As I remember, it is about in the middle range of prices for Zurich hotels.
Apr 24th, 2003, 02:51 PM

I have stayed at the Zurich Marriott and it is very nice. The rooms are somewhat small, but very good. Very modern hotel. Next to the river, within walking distance of the train station and the shopping district.