air-con hotel Paris

Search

air-con hotel Paris

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air-con hotel Paris

Hi. I will be in Paris in August, and am looking for a moderately priced hotel (around 100 euros, preferably less) with air-conditioning in Paris. I would like to stay on the left bank (5th,6th or 14th).<BR>Does anyone know of a hotel that fits the bill, and offers deals in August?<BR>Thanks in advance<BR>
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, I forgot to mention this is for a triple roomteo adults and a child).
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 02:47 PM

you can find deals on www.123france.com and www.parishotels.com and www.pariserve.com for August. I know these AC hotels do: Claude Bernard in the 5th and the Observatoire Luxembourg (although it's more than 100 euro). The Dauphine St Germain may as it does for winter. In the 14th, the Renoir does (especially for August, about 99 euro). There are others.
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 02:49 PM

I forgot to notice you want a triple for that rate. That's really kind of below the moderate end for a triple with AC, I think, but there will be some, I imagine. I believe the Renoir is about that for a triple in August.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Christina,<BR>Do you have any experience with the Renoir or its sister hotel, Unic St. Germain? They are both in good locations, the 14th, which I like.<BR>Thanks.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 10:35 AM

I stay in that area and a hotel I like a lot, the Aiglon, also has August rates that are only a little over your budget (although I don't know about triples, they have doubles and a suite). They are on one or more of those web sites, also. <BR><BR>I know where the Renoir is, and have been by it. It looks nice from the outside and what I've seen of the lobby. It used to be a different hotel (actually several over the last decade), I think the Hotel Apollinaire and before the the Alligator. I believe the Renoir renovated with taking over a few years ago, so it's fairly new in that regard. It's a very convenient location just off bd Montparnasse on rue MOntparnasse--Edgar Quinet and Vavin metro stops are both only about a block away. I can recommend the Aiglon from personal experience staying there, and the Renoir only from location and outer appearance.<BR><BR>I've never heard of the Unic, actually -- I probably wouldn't have heard of the Renoir except from staying around there. That's one good thing about the 14th, the hotels aren't mentioned in so many guidebooks etc so are easier to book and cheaper.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 10:51 AM

I just looked at their pages on 123france, and it appears the Unic is right next to the Renoir. Maybe they took over two older hotels and renovated them, I don't know. It looks like Unic is a little cheaper but maybe I was looking in the wrong place, the promotion list is a little confusing on the Renoir (having to click to get the right dates). The Aiglon mentions a triple about 115 euro at summer rates but doesn't talk about that in their roomtype list, so I'll get it's a double and they bring in a rollaway bed. IN that case, I think you would need their higher priced category as I stay in a small double room there which is quite nice, but would be cramped for 3.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 10:56 AM

A few years back, we stayed at the Folkestone Opera Hotel, located near La Madeleine(SP?). It is a Best Western associated hotel. My wife &amp; I were there with our then 11 year old son. We had a triple room, don't know what the current cost is but was very reasonable when we stayed there. The bathroom was in the room, &amp; both the bathroom &amp; the room itself were abit small, but it suited our needs. There was a double bed &amp; a single bed in the room. (The single bed was underneath an over hang, the kid just had to be careful about jumping out of bed.) One thing we didn't specifically ask for, but were very happy to find out that the room had air conditioning. Even when we were there in June, it was very much welcomed to come back to a cool room after walking around all day in 80 - 90 degree weather.
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 04:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone who replied!
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 07:26 AM

I agree with Christina. The Aiglon is my pick. However, we did stay in a superior room that was a little more expensive. It is air conditioned.