Search

Air Canada?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 11:30 AM
Michelle

Air Canada?

Is there anyone who wants to share his/her experience flying Air Canada to Europe? I'm flying on an airbus from Toronto to Munich in September.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 06:44 PM
Kathy

Michelle: I too, am flying via Air Canada to Germany (Frankfurt) in September. It will be my first flight with AC. The price was right, so I'm taking my chances. Good luck to both of us!

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 07:06 PM
Judy

I fly with Air Canada several times a year crossing Atlantic Ocean. Generally speaking, they are not bad, at least.I haven't experienced delay too often.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 06:09 AM
Dianne

Hi,<BR>I'm Canadian so fly Air Canada quite often. I'd say the flights are average. Nothing terrible, nothing great. I preferred Canadian Airlines before the merge.<BR>The worst delay I've had on Air Canada was 18 hours last January. Our plane was unable to take off from Calgary (mechanical problems). However, I was in Honolulu and they put us at a 4 star hotel with meals. The new departure time had us in Calgary at 2am with no connecting flights for hours. So, they put us in a 5 star hotel with breakfast.<BR>I wish all my vacations would end this way! Of course, there was a plane full of people stuck in Calgary for those same 18 hours waiting to START their vacation.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 07:49 AM
david

Just returned roundtrip Toronto/Paris. Everything went smoothly without difficulty. Food average, movies dull.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 11:18 AM
Ann

I've flown Air Candad from Belfast to Toronto. Good flight, and was able to upgrade for about $100. The main thing the upgrade got me was more room on the London-Toronto leg, which was all I wanted.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 01:40 PM
Harvey

I too am interested in this question. to the top please.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 03:12 PM
Dale

Hi Michelle: One of my work buddies took this same flight in March. I think she had some delays, but if memory serves me correctly, they were at this end in Halifax. She is away right now (on another trip!), but I'll check with her when she gets back. As for me, I've flown Air Canada three times to London and found them great, and no complaints. Dale

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 04:01 PM
annie

I flew Air Canada Minneapolis/Toronto/Rome in April. The flight over was very good. Flight attendants particularly good. Trip back was awful. No light, no air vent, no audio in my row. 45 minutes late in takeoff/landing, with only a half hour to get through customs, get to the gate for connecting flight. Complained and got 2 $50 vouchers. Overall, it wasn't any better or worse than most other airlines.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 04:18 PM
Sheila

I just returned from London and Ireland with Air Canada and British Midlands. The Air Canada flights were 8 out of 10 I would say, with the flight attendants being very good. I went two years ago and found the exact same thing. Minor annoyance with the sound in the movie, but who really wants to watch Sweet November anyway?? I enjoyed the food - just don't try to bring back the cheese snack when you come back! I had to stuff it in my mouth at Canadian Customs because I forgot I had it in my bag and they were searching everyone for contraband dairy products. Enjoy your flight! Wasn't Air Canada voted one of the best airlines somewhere? <BR>

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 09:42 PM
Beth Anderson

I will be flying Air Canada to Paris in September - I am curious too... <BR> <BR>my first time. do you know who they match frequent flyer miles with? <BR> <BR>thanks <BR> <BR>Beth

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 04:19 AM
Judy

<BR>Beth:Air Canada matches FFM withritish Midland,Lufthansa,SAS,Singapore Airlines,Thai,United Airline,Varig,Mexicana,Austrian,Air New Zealand,All Nippon.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 04:59 AM
Bob

Air Canada is much lot like Canada. Fairly pleasant, but dull.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 11:18 AM
Candace

We had a good experience flying Air Canada last year. We had new airplanes both ways and plenty of leg room. We had been nervous prior but were pleasantly suprised. The only problem we encountered was on the way back we stopped in Toronto and had to go through customs we barely had enough time to make it to our connecting flight. If yiu have a connecting flight I would allow 1.5-2 hours in between. It may be better now because the airport was under construction then.