Search

Ah Paris

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 02:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah Paris

Has anyone used the apartment rental company called Ah Paris? It seems like a legitimate company, but I can't find any independent reviews from anyone who has actually used this company to book an apartment. I have placed a deposit on an apartment and have tried emailing the contact person twice who has not responded.
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 04:10 PM

Have you tried calling? Use Google to get a phone number.
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 04:59 PM
cw

It looks as though AhParis represents private owners. After you pay the deposit, you deal solely with the owner. Did you get any information like that? In that case the apartment is only as good as the owner, not the agency.

I did a brief search and there is a long thread on TA about someone complaining about being broken into, and having their extra key stolen. Then they were charged for the key. I didn't read the whole thread and I'm not sure who is wrong or right in that situation. The agency did respond to the complaint.

I also would give them a call.
Old May 5th, 2011, 07:45 PM

Any word from Ah Paris? The 500 euro security deposit is scary, but if the reviews are good overall, I might try them. Thanks for letting us know what happened; obviously if there were problems, it would be very helpful to know that as well.

Just one bit of clarification. Is it Ah Paris or the apartment owner who was being non-responsive?

Thanks.
Old May 6th, 2011, 01:37 PM

Actually, I liked their website and their terms, they are a lot better than some and look very professional. a 500 euro security deposit is very reasonable, actually, and I liked that about it. Some "agencies" like that (or listing agents, whatever yo call it) require a security deposit equal to your rent (ie, parisattitude.com I think), and that would easily be more than that in a week, let alone if you rented longer.

I also like that they accept Paypal and work with a French insurance agent I know (ADAR).

I'd give them another try, could be email problems, and definitely contact Ah Paris also if things don't happen. I rented through a similar setup (lodgis.fr which also has a much higher security deposit) and they were available for issues and to handle complaints with things like that, in fact, that is part of what they do for their money. They wouldn't resolve complaints about the apt per se, I imagine (like if you didn't like it or think it was any good).
Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:39 AM

We used Ah Paris last summer to book an apartment rental and I suggest you stay away from them. They advertised an apartment with an elevator which was a necessity for us as we were traveling with someone with physical disabilities. There was an elevator in the building-- it just didn't happen to service the floor our apartment was on. On top of that the apartment was dirty, very dirty and the furnishings and decor were terribly worn. They didn't even leave us complete sheet sets. We paid top dollar and Ah Paris wouldn't refund even a token amount.

Stay away from Ah Paris when booking your apartment for Paris!
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 04:38 PM

Stayed in an AhParis apt July 2011. I found dealing with them and the rental owner easy and very professional.. Even changed apts shortly before deadline and all went smoothly. Apt was great. It was clean and well furnished. Little touches like a bottle of wine and a few carnets for the Metro were really appreciated. Internet connection was a bonus. We had a great time in a lovely apt, that was very reasonably priced. My only suggestion is to do thorough research. The information is out there and when in doubt email ahParis. They are very helpful. If you need handicap access double check with them. Overall great experience. We are already planning another Paris adventure and will be renting with them.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:12 AM

I would warn against using ahparis.com

Here are my reasons:

We contacted ah paris - a Mr. John Faye about one of the apartments. It seemed like a reasonable place, and the pictures look good. The reviews were favorable. We paid the 500 euro security deposit.

One of the ahparis reps met us as promised and walked us through the apartment. Things appeared to be in order.

That night, and for the two nights we stayed there, the noise from the bar that was located in the bottom floor of the complex was insanely loud. So loud in fact, that some of the other apartment dwellers started screaming and yelling at the bar owners.

It was insane.

After the second night of this nightmare, we called the owners and said we were leaving, which we did.

No where, in any of the reviews, was this pointed out. In fact, after looking at the reviews, you realize, that a renter cannot actually review the apartment, as in homeaway or tripadvisor reviews. The ah paris people just cull the reviews and of course, they are all listed as five star.

The owner Mickael Torrado agreed to refund the money, but then, after we returned to the states, changed his mind, stating that we were "liars".

As I say, I would never advise anyone to use this service - use tripadvisor or homeaway.
Old May 6th, 2015, 07:34 PM

I cannot recommend Ah Paris.

Also, be aware that they do not publish negative reviews on their site.