Agriturismo near Lucca

Search

Agriturismo near Lucca

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agriturismo near Lucca

Hello wise travelers! My family of 5 (3 teen boys) will be traveling this June. We will start in Rome for 4 nights then take the train to Pisa where we will get a car. The next 4 nights we will be staying in the Lucca area. We plan a day in Lucca, a day in Cinque Terra and just some time exploring. We are planning to stay at this agritursimo just north of Pisa: http://www.agriturismocasarossa.com/ . It's the Bonifica Della Casa Rossa. Has anyone stayed here before? It looks great but won't accept my card online (tech guy says they are using old tech) and otherwise need to make an international bank transfer ($25). Has anyone else run into these issus making down payments?

Alternatively, any other recs for places to stay? I like the idea of letting the boys run around and swim etc. after being in Rome. From Lucca we head next to Venice. All advice welcome!
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 11:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Are you using an online booking system or communicating directly with the agriturismo by email? Are they requiring a deposit or just a CC that they'll charge if you're a no-show or late cancellation?
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Original Poster

I found them through agriturismo.it and now working directly with the agriturismo with the website as an intermediary. I need to pay them directly, however, and it's a deposit.
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 09:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Still not clear to me. Have you given them your credit card info in an email or by telephone? And they're saying the deposit/charge isn't going through? Or are you plugging the numbers/info into an online reservation system?

If it's the former, how will you pay the balance when you get there?
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Original Poster

cash when i get there. i've actually kind of resolved it finally. he is willing to forego the deposit now since it's such a problem. they have an online payment system that my computer can't talk to because the way they set it up is a little archaic apparently. It's fine now I hope. Thanks for helping!