Agriturismo convenient to Florence and Siena

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are searching for an agriturismo that will be really comfortable and even memorable for 4 adults and 2 children,in mid- April.We are meeting up with our daughter,son-in-law and our 2 grandchildren who live in Prague.This will be their first time in Italy and they can only spend 4 days.They want to see Florence, Siena,Pisa and San Gimignano,and we want do as much as we can to give them a memorable holiday.I hope some of you super travelers on this forum will share your own experiences.They will be so helpful to us......and maybe will save me from those endless hours with anonymous listings.
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 07:37 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Le Torri would be convenient to all the places you listed, but it might not be as "memorable" as you are wanting.
http://www.letorri.com/
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 06:40 AM
jgg

We stayed at Fattoria Tregole in Castellina in Chianti (http://www.fattoria-tregole.com/index.htm). I think it would be a good spot for you. They have nice large apartments that our family of 4 stayed in with a living room, 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen. Breakfasts are very nice and Edith makes dinner about twice a week so with 4 nights you should be there for one of them.

It is well located for what you want to see (except maybe Pisa, but that will probably be a drive from most places).
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 06:46 AM

Good suggestion above, but you really need to go to slowtrav.com and find their rental reviews by areas of Tuscany. Always pick the location first then the property. It seems that near San Gim. may be ideal for you.
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all your suggestions.I will check them out.I do agree with Bob that S.Gim. area would be ideal.Every time a begin to wade thru slotrav. I begin to feel hopelessly lost in the enormity of choices,so I hope Fodorites will come to the rescue once again.Bob,I have read so many of your suggestions in the past,and we have actually followed thru on a couple.Was it you who suggested that wonderful place in Dubrovnik,at the old gate ????Even pinpointed the best room !!!!!Please share some of your finds,but meanwhile I will begin to wade thru slotrav........groan !!