after Ennis, what?

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 05:51 PM
pat young

after Ennis, what?

Our family of five will be travelling the first part of April to Ennis, Ireland where my 16 year old daughter will be competing in the World Irish dancing championships. We will be staying in Ennis for at least five days...any suggested side trips or must sees? We will then want to relocate no too far away (staying primarily in the South) and stay in a b&b and take day excursions. Any suggestions on a good city to relocate to that would be accessible by public transportation and would have a good selection of b&b's. We will be staying an additional 7 days (through Easter).

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 06:27 PM
derek

travel out to the cliffs of moher they are amust see mind you they can be preety scary if you have young children(your nerves will be shredded)just keep them close.
Kilarney is a good bet for b&bs althougheaster will be busy so try and book in advance.
Galway to the north is laso a good base.
check out the following website it lists lots of hotels /b&b county by county.
www.beourguest.ie
and best of look to your daughter

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 06:32 PM
Danna

Good Luck to Your Daughter. That is really neat!

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 07:02 PM
hamlet

How about heading on to Blarney, where you can visit the castle and kiss the Blarney stone and tour around County Cork? Don't know about public transportation though, sorry. Give my regards to Ennis! - I have wonderful memories of the place which I found charming and lots of fun when I visited about 7 years ago.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 12:23 AM
Mike

The Burren

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 03:27 AM
celine

Hi Pat. Since I have family in/outside Ennis, I'm a frequent visitor to the town. It's great. Definitely head towards Lahinch (the beach, just a short drive from Ennis). When you get there, I'd suggest that you drive along the coast road, which will take you past the Cliffs of Moher, the Burren, Corkscrew Hill, etc. and lots of little coastal towns such as Doolin, Lisdoonvarna, Ballyvaughan, etc. You should try to spend a night or two here. It's great for touring and scenery is unbelievably gorgeous.

After that you could do Galway or Kerry. Check out www.local.ie for further information on Ireland and to find information on accommodation, etc.

Have fun and good luck.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 05:01 AM
Howard

I would recommend using Galway as your next base. It is not far from Ennis - about two hours, and there are frequent busses. Galway is a great town, and is a good base, especially if you will not have a car at your disposal. You can spend a couple of days in the city, and use tours to get to Cliffs of Moher, Burren, Connemara, and Aran Islands.