Aegean Air baggage allowance leniency

Sep 6th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Aegean Air baggage allowance leniency

Hi, the website for Aegean Air states that Economy class baggage allowance for domestic travel is 15 Kg total per passenger. Do you know if they are lenient with those limits? 15 Kg does not seem like a lot
Sep 6th, 2009, 09:53 AM

Sometimes they'll weigh your bags sometimes they won't there's no way of knowing. I suggest you put 15KG/33 pounds of clothing into a bag, and you'll see that it's actually quite a bit. Don't forget that you can carry on another 8KG/17.5 pounds. Overweight charges are €2 per kilo, which isn't very much.
Sep 6th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. I have read your responses on many topics on Greece and have found them very helpful. Thank you for all the information.
Sep 8th, 2009, 07:53 AM

I was wondering the same thing about Olympic Airlines. I am flying Delta from New York to Athens and then Olympic to Thessaloniki next week. Delta has a greater weight allowance, which I need, and I can't jettison some of my luggage just for this one leg. If I'm over, and they weigh my bags, I'll just have to pay the excess.
Sep 8th, 2009, 08:35 AM

The word is that if you are coming in to Greece on an international flight you will be allowed the international weight on the domestic flight. Be sure to keep your boarding pass handy to verify your incoming status when you check in with Olympic.
Sep 8th, 2009, 09:54 AM

Thank you so much! I will be sure and keep my Delta boarding pass handy.
Sep 20th, 2009, 12:16 PM

We recently flew on Aegean and although we were over on both our flights (by a couple of kg), we were not charged. I was so worried about being overweight that I didn't make some purchases that I regret passing up.