Reload this Page >

Advice please...

Search

Advice please...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2004, 02:00 PM
langtongirl

Advice please...

I'm a single woman, thinking of doing an organized walking tour in Ireland in May or June. I'm very much an "unseasoned" traveller, so have many questions...

Does anyone out there have any advice/experiences/caveats to share re such an activity, particularly in Ireland? Would it be better to make arrangements through a travel agent rather than online, independently? Does anyone know of any agencies in the Toronto area that specialize in such trips?

Any input greatly appreciated!

Old Feb 16th, 2004, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My best advice to you is to repost with a heading "Ireland Walking Tour?" You are more likely to get response from people when they know the topic.
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 02:52 PM
rex

Well worded message, Marilyn. And I am going to recant from asserting that a newcomer who uses a message header like this is selfishly attention-seeking. It's simple carelessness.

Fodors could help. Every new registrant who posts has one and only one "first message header". This is langtongirl's first-ever header/posting. There are probably fewer than 4-5 of these a day, 20 or fewer a week. It would be very easy for Fodors to set a flag for these first-ever message headers to pop up to the staff to review. Fodors knows the e-mail address of very registrant.

This coaching would mean so much more, be better received (and in a standardized message) and end one source of "squabbling" here in the "community".

In fact, why not e-mail a complete set of the FAQ to every new registrant?

If you're reading this, and haven't looked at the FAQ lately, here's the URL: http://www.fodors.com/forums/faqs.cfm (this is on every page in those little red letters that say "HELP".

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 04:55 PM

My advice is: if you order an iced tea and you are given an "ice tea" then you should complain, at length.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 07:23 PM

langtongirl, I don't know about your thoughts about walking in the rain, but you better like it! Ireland isn't green for nothing! I have only been to Ireland on business and have never travelled on holiday by myself so unfortunately I cannot speak to your question directly about which way to go but I will say that the Irish are great fun and very friendly. Enjoy!
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 07:39 PM
rex

She DID re-post, so answers would be better posted there - - http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34475939
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 01:50 AM

t