Search

Advice on B&Bs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 07:06 PM
Jen

Advice on B&Bs

We're looking into staying at the Sea Shore Farm in Kenmare and Derrynaflan House in Cashel on our trip. Does anyone know of these places and have any opinion? Also, any suggestions w/in an hour of Shannon. Looking for something unusual for our last night...in the 30-50 pound range per person. <BR>Thanks.

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 03:46 PM
jpb

There's a road that runs between Bunratty Castle and Durty Nellie's Pub. Quite a few BandBs there. Go to Mrs. Browne's , settle in and plan on going to Bunratty Castle that night for the Medieval Banquet. You'll love it (and the Castle) and next morning, it's only a short drive into the aerphort na sionna.(Shannon- about 10 minutes) <BR>

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 07:39 PM
Kim

We just returned from Bunratty a few weeks ago. We stayed at Bunratty Lodge and liked it a lot. The couple who own it have been in business there for many years. tel. 061-369402 <BR> <BR>A word of advice: Keep all belongings out of the car while traveling around Bunratty. They are having a bad time with people breaking into cars. One family that we met had everything stolen. This happened at the gift shops next to Durty Nellie's. <BR> <BR>Have fun! I envy you.

Old Jun 27th, 2000, 11:30 AM
Lisa & Matt

We're planning to be in the south--dublin, killarney, kerry, cork, etc...??? Can you recommend nice and inexpensive some B&Bs?

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 12:55 PM
marrianne

Lisa and Matt, can recommend Applecroft B&B in Killarney. It won't be the cheapest but you won't beat the quality. It's wonderful - about IR£25 per person sharing a twin room [huge].

Old Jul 1st, 2000, 04:32 AM
marylouise

Hi Lisa and Matt <BR>We stayed in a very nice B&B in Drumcondra (a section of Dublin just north of the city)called Griffith House.It was an easy access 5-10 min bus ride into the city. You didn't say when you're going but it was difficult for us to get anything in the city for <BR> June when I inquired 2 months ahead. We lucked out at Drumcondra where their lovely "family mews" was all they had left....perfect for us and costing 80 pounds per night total for my family of four.We had looked into the Jury's Christchurch Inn because as I recall the prices were affordable for Dublin and tour guides and forum comment gave it favorable references. Once there walking around the city we spotted its location and thought it would have been great to stay there as It was right in the middle of everything. If we went again I would try to get in there just for the location and the fact that it is affordable. There are plenty of other guest houses and hotels but most are high priced. As I recall, I tried the Anchor Guesthouse,Kilronan Guest House and a few others that were in my price range but all were full. The B&B's all seem to be just outside the city such as Drumcondra, Dun <BR>Laoghaire, etc. Be sure to do one of the hop on hop off bus tours in Dublin. We found it fun and a great way to orient to and get around the sites of the city. Have a wonderful trip.

Old Jul 1st, 2000, 05:41 PM
Mary

Hi Lisa and Matt: We returned from Ireland 2 weeks ago. We stayed in Killarney at the Redwood on the Trallee Road(N22, just a few miles out of town. It is new, lovely and Evelyn Murphy is a delightful and helpful hostess! In Kerry, if you plan to do the Dingle Peninsula, you might stay at Heatherville Farm, in Blennerville, just outside Tralee. It is just great. It is an easy ride out to Dingle from there. Have fun. Ireland is a wonderful place to vacation!

Old Jul 1st, 2000, 05:43 PM
Mary

Oops! How could I have omitted prices for Redwood and Heatherville Farm? Both were 20 pounds per night per person and included great breakfasts.

Old Jul 3rd, 2000, 11:02 AM
Ann Kerins

Hi Folks, <BR>If you are planning a trip to Kerrry/ Tralee and would like to contact me regarding <BR>B & B in Heatherville Farm or any other information you may require My e-mail is <BR>[email protected]