Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Advice on a Good Deal on Hotel in Milan Offered on Expedia

Jun 6th, 2006, 12:42 PM
SHADRACH

Hi!,

I found a good deal on a hotel in Milan for my September trip. The price is great, but I have never booked a hotel through Expedia so I don't know what to expect from that good deal.

Has anybody ever booked a hotel through Expedia? How was your experience?

Thanks for your valuable advice!

Jun 6th, 2006, 01:31 PM

I've booked flights through expedia and they were fine. I usually book hotels direct cheaper but not always.
Jun 6th, 2006, 01:56 PM

We have booked at least once through expedia, and had no problem at all. THat said, it might be worth e-mailing the hotel direct to see if they can match/better the deal - this often works, and means you benefit from the commission they don't pay. Good luck!
Jun 7th, 2006, 02:07 AM
SHADRACH

Thanks Carrom and Annhig!

Actually, I emailed the hotel and asked for availability and the price for that date, and it's way higher.

The hotel is offered on Expedia at 105 Euros for a double room per night and the hotel offered me the same kind of room for 190 Euros.

I mean, I know that there should be a difference in proce between the hotel and Expedia, but isn't that difference way to big?

I'm still thinking about it and looking for more hotels, but I have to make up my mind as soon as possible.

Thanks again!

Jun 7th, 2006, 09:39 AM

I booked our Paris hotel with Expedia and had no problem. I was concerned too since it did look a little too good to be true. We ended up with a room with balcony that we could see the top Notre Dame and hear the bells tolling for only 95USD per night. It was quite a bit cheaper than what the hotel website was offering. I gave them our confirmation when we arrived and that was it.
Sometimes you just get lucky.
Jun 8th, 2006, 01:54 AM
SHADRACH

I'll check the prices on destina.com, and, if I don't find anything good, I'll definitely take the deal offered on expedia.com

Thanks Steve for the website and Uptowngirl for giving the courage I needed to book the hotel on expedia.com!