Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

When using Expedia, are chances good that you will get the bedding preference?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2003, 04:03 AM
KandKmom

I found a great rate for the hotel we were trying to book on Expedia last night. However, it only lists the room as standard. If you put in your bedding arrangement request(we need the double beds as we have 2 adults and 2 kids going), does the hotel usually honor it? I had already made ressies with the hotel directly and requested the DBs, but the Expedia rate is 25.00 cheaper. Is the risk of getting a king too great to take the cheaper rate, or should I stay with what I have? I haven't used Expedia to book a hotel before, so I am unfamiliar with the bedding procedures. Thanks to those of you who have experience in this and can share some advice.

Old May 23rd, 2003, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've used it 3 times now and never had a problem with the bedding I asked for. However, I also call the hotel directly about 48 hours after booking thru Expedia. Even though you can put your wishes thru Expedia its best to speak to someone directly. Plus you should always confirm a hotel reservation.

I can not guarantee that you will experience what I've experienced.
Old May 23rd, 2003, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K&K, I remember there was a discussion about 4 people in 1 room, and it turned out that the rate you see on Expedia is for 2 people, and when you start making reservations going to the next screen it gives you a different rate, much higher for 4 people. You can check the total amount without punching in your credit card number.

But: it was my experience it's easier to get 2 beds then 1 in a room. But then it's just my personal experience, must depend on a hotel.

If you chose Expedia you should always call the hotel anyway to confirm your reservation went through. Ask if your request is acknowledged in their computer.