Reload this Page >

Advice in Loire Valley?

Search

Advice in Loire Valley?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 01:29 PM
Colleen

Advice in Loire Valley?

We'll be touring the Loire for one day (two nights) at the end of May, anyone know of a good city / hotel to stay in?

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Rex

What price range? what style? what objectives? (proximity to train, other features, etc). <BR>

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 01:42 PM
Colleen

$100.00-$175/night, we need proximity to the train, or to rent a car, something nice, very french, quaint and friendly--not an americanized hotel. We'd like it to be fairly centrally located to drive around to see the chateaux, near places to eat. <BR> <BR>Thanks for the response! <BR> <BR>Colleen

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Rex

Ah, I see that you DID understand to reply here. <BR> <BR>In that price range, you can splurge and stay at Le Choiseul in Amboise for only 1030 FF ($137 USD) per night (they have considerably more expensive rooms, if you desire). <BR> <BR>Wherever you stay (and I have recommendations above and below this price), I definitely recommend that you get a car. Cars are rarely a good deal for under three days rental (49-73 hours); you might want to get it for leaving Paris (or wherever else you're originating to get to the Loire), and use it to get you back again. And I strongly recommend that you go by Chartres if you are anywhere close. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 03:06 PM
Rex

Just realized that I omitted the website - - www.choiseul.com/francais/gb/index.html - - for Le Choiseul. <BR>