Advance tickets for Uffizi

Old Aug 27th, 2000, 04:39 PM
david

Advance tickets for Uffizi

I have been trying for several weeks to contact the organization that provides advance tickets to the museums in Florence. I have called the number as follows:
011-39-055-294-833 and it is always busy. I call in the early am here M-F. I have faxed a request as well, but have never received confirmation of the reservations.
Does anyone have any other suggestions? I am dialing the proper sequence of numbers? I would appreciate advice, as I do not want to wait in line for museum admission.
Thank you

Old Aug 27th, 2000, 05:08 PM
beth

There's a website from which you can order tickets on line. I don't have the URL handy, but I believe its something along the lines of "Weekend A Firenze". I've posted it here more than once, so I'm sure a search, or a web search will turn it up. I highly recommend the advance tickets. I just loved walking past that 90 minute line, and going right in.

Old Aug 27th, 2000, 05:18 PM
rob k

----
Here you are --- the site provides an extensive ‘box office’ listing of tickets & reservations for music, theatre, museums, city tours.
http://www.weekendafirenze.com/boxoffice/

From here, scroll down to “Museums” and click on Florence Booking Service. You can book your tickets for the Uffizi, the Accademia (Michelangelo’s David is here), the Bargello and several others. I’m not sure what the service charge is, but well worth not having to stand in long lines for admission.

I bought my Uffizi tickets thru Weekend A Firenze for my visit to Florence in April '99. No problema - worked like a charm.

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 03:02 AM
heidi

The phone number is +39 055 50391
Fax is +39 055 670520
Service charge is 9 500L for most tickets.

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 01:55 PM
david

Thank you for website for Florence reservation. It worked great! I appreciate everyone's prompt help

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 08:34 PM
Cal

For those who need to know, order your tickets off the Weekend a Firenze website and save yourself time/hassle!

Old Sep 2nd, 2000, 03:40 AM
michael

a friend of mine had advance tickets before going and the box office was closed when he got there. had to wait in the regular line anyway. the good news is the line move fairly fast though.

Old Sep 2nd, 2000, 04:24 AM
topper