Adeyemi Fawole - Looking for Suggestion

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 12:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, My name is Adeyemi Fawole. I am planning for a trip to Europe in coming days. But the problem is that I don't know much about Europe, I never visited Europe before. Can someone help me to suggest the best places to visit and best resorts for stay.
Thanks
Adeyemi Fawole
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 01:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi Adeyemi welcome to Fodors.

Europe is a big place with lots of different cultures and languages. You've tagged this Russia, and of course Russia is only partially in Europe.

It really depends on what you like to do and how easy to get to where you want to. For example, on Fodors we spend a lot of time helping people get to the more obvious cities of London, Paris, Rome, Florence, Berlin and Venice. Some people want to come to Switzerland, mainly I think due to Bollywood, while others want to enjoy the vista of Tuscany.

Then there are the local interests which can focus on wine, food, riding, fishing, musuems, festivals and architecture. Each of which are based in different areas of the continent and can be accessed by either public or private transport.

So the questions we need to know are

When do you propose to come
Who are you and what are your interests
Why do you want to come to Europe
How are you getting here
What sort of things do you want to do

?
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:00 AM

There is also the questions of budget and length of trip.
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:12 AM
Original Poster

Hello bilboburgler
I would come probably next week. I love to see heritage sites and best places of tourist gathering. I am looking for places like Rome, London, Paris, Germany and others. Give me additional information regarding budget. What would be approximate cost in whole journey.
Regards
Adeyemi Fawole
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Adeymi, apart from getting here (up to you) costs vary around the place. You could stay in a hotel in Portugal in the winter for as little as Euro 30 a night or medium priced London for Euro 150 a night. Similarly food varies but I tend to budget Euro 45 a day plus or minus Euro 20 depending on country.

The silly thing is to try and do too much travel. You need at least 3 days in each major city so trying for Rome, London, Paris needs a bare min of 10 days on the ground but in reality with travel and the shear size of these cities I'd suggest more like 15 (London 5, travel 1, Paris 4, travel 1 and Rome 4).

Germany is a country which I have visited many times and to get a good view of the place I'd plan 40 days
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks bilboburgler for your suggestion. Can you give me some additional information that will help me in my trip.
Regards
Adeyemi Fawole