Search

Adapters

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2016, 04:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adapters

I am in Narbonne and want to buy electrical Adapters for English to European plugs. We have looked in Carrefour and Leader Price. They only do French to international. Can you help.
Old Aug 8th, 2016, 04:22 AM
ira

Hi K,

Do they do English to French?

Old Aug 8th, 2016, 08:53 AM

Sometimes it isn't easy to find those when you need it and you waste a lot of time looking. I always take my own. Surprised Carrefour doesn't have one, though.

Narbonne isn't the tourist hotspot as some big cities, though, I know I've seen these in Paris at BHV and other places, even some souvenir shops.

Don't they have any of those big universal converters that do everything?

try the Monoprix at place Hotel de Ville. There is a Darty in Narbonnne but not sure they have those (they sell electronic appliances of all kind), but might. It's at this shopping center http://bonne-source.com/
Old Aug 8th, 2016, 08:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Darty usually sells a "universal" adaptor which can change any plug to any other plug. It's a bit pricey, but when you have no other solution....

And of course you can use it in any other place you go.

I have a drawer at home with at least half a dozen adaptors, including at least 3 France > UK adaptors since I always seem to forget to bring one when I go to England. At least I know exactly where to go in Boots.
Old Aug 8th, 2016, 09:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In have a huge bag of those adaptors and also at least two of the "universal" ones. The former can be much easier to use provided you know which one to take and as great as the universal one is it can be bulky to use and sometimes unwieldy in certain sockets.

IMO you just need to get into the habit, put it on a checklist, etc., so you never forget as I did a couple years ago and searched all over Florence and finally found a continental/North America adaptor at one of those outdoor tented vendors near the Duomo.
Old Aug 8th, 2016, 11:29 AM

Since most of the inhabitants of Narbonne would never need a US->EU adapter, it's much easier to find the adapters going the other way. You may have to get one of the universal adapters, which indeed cost more and are a bit bulky. I have one, and find that in some sockets it tends to hang down a bit under its own weight.