ACTV bus from Venice airport to P. Roma

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How easy is it to find the ACTV bus stop at the Marco Polo airport, and can we buy tickets on the bus? Thanks.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

Come on guys, I leave tomorrow! hasn't anyone taken the land bus? all I want to know is how easy it is--if it's hard to find or a hassle we'll take the alilaguna.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 11:33 AM

I've never taken the bus but you can expect the following:

Exit the baggage claim area and turn left to get in line for the "biglietterie" (ticket counters).

On the right you'll see a sign that says "Biglietteria." Purchase your tickets here for the blue bus to Piazzale Roma. I don't think you can purchase tickets on the bus.

As you exit from the terminal, turn right and look for the green sign on a pole which says, "Venezia/P. Roma." The blue bus should have ATVO on its side and "Venezia" should read above the windshield. Don't hesitate to ask the driver if this bus goes to P.Roma. Insert your ticket in the orange box on the bus to stamp it.

Take a seat and relax. You're on your way.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 11:42 AM

I'm pretty sure I bought my ticket on the bus. I was wandering around pretty confused and the kindly bus driver stopped and asked me if I wanted to take his bus. He and some passengers even lifted my luggage for me. My real difficulty was once I got off the bus making my way to the vaporetto, which is quite a walk. I had read there are "porters" everywhere but I never saw any. Maybe because I arrived on a Sunday. But Italians are really friendly, so just ask if you need an answer. If you miss the bus, you can easily take the boat. Have fun. It's the most beautiful city on Earth.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 12:08 PM
GAC

DO NOT CONFUSE THE ACTV BUS WITH THE ATVO BUS. Both go from the Airport to Piazzale Roma. ACTV line 5 is the local city (orange colored) bus; it costs less (about 1 Euro) but has no room for luggage. The ATVO (blue colored) bus is a different operator; it costs 3.00 Euros and it better suited for passengers with luggage. It does not stop enroute. Schedules of the ATVO bus: www.atvo.it

You should purchase the bus ticket at the airport. Look for the ATVO ticket window. As a last resort, you can purchase a ticket for the ATVO bus on the bus itself (Not true for the ACTV bus)

Look in the website
www.veniceairport.it
It will provide further info on all transportation options.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 12:09 PM
GAC

DO NOT CONFUSE THE ACTV BUS WITH THE ATVO BUS. Both go from the Airport to Piazzale Roma. ACTV line 5 is the local city (orange colored) bus; it costs less (about 1 Euro) but has no room for luggage. The ATVO (blue colored) bus is a different operator; it costs 3.00 Euros and it better suited for passengers with luggage. It does not stop enroute. Schedules of the ATVO bus: www.atvo.it

You should purchase the bus ticket at the airport. Look for the ATVO ticket window near the arrivals area. As a last resort, you can purchase a ticket for the ATVO bus on the bus itself (Not true for the ACTV bus)

Look in the website
www.veniceairport.it
It will provide further info on all transportation options.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 12:19 PM

We used the bus last January, as you come out of baggage claim area the ticket booth is to the left. Everyone was very helpful in directing us to the bus itself and it was an easy fast journey. The Venice airport is nice, new, and small...so you should not have any problems. Have a great trip!
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot! The ATVO sounds like the way to go. Our hotel is right at P. Roma so this sounds perfect. Can't wait!