Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Acropolis View hotel or Arethusa hotel in Athens?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone has stayed at or knows anything about either of these Athens hotels, please feel free to chime in. I am considering staying at one of them for 2 nights with my family.

1) Acropolis View Hotel
2) Arethusa Hotel

I have received a response from both that they have availability for my travel dates. There will be 6 adults and one baby. We're considering these 2 because of their location and proximity to sights and transporation. The 75 Euros rate seems reasonable for this area of Athens.
Thanks!
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 11:46 AM

Hi voyagefemme

I used the Arethusa for 2 nights last summer. The Stanley, my usual hotel in Athens, was fully booked.

It's location is marvellous, a few short steps and you are on Syntagma Square and the metro station there. The hotel was clean but the corridors and my room were 'tired'. The bedroom's air-conditioning struggled with the temperatures outside which made each night there uncomfortable.

Breakfast was very good. Staff, efficient and friendly.

The hotel also has a rooftop area too and the view is pretty good.
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 06:10 PM

I have stayed in the Acropolis View twice, over 10 years ago; the location is great (about a 10 min. walk from Plaka in a non-touristy neighborhood), the staff was very helpful and friendly, and it was reasonably priced. The rooms were clean and adequate but perhaps "tired" is a good word for them, also. I would, however, recommend it.
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 10:41 PM

We stayed at Stanley and it's very nice and it's location is fantastic. We also stayed at a small, new boutique hotel a bit further, but still walking distance and it had an amazing balcony w/ a view of the acropolis. It was called Hotel Areos. We found good prices on Venerie.com
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. I booked us at the Acropolis View since they ended up offering me a better price.