Reload this Page >

Accomodations in Bayeux and Amboise for family with teenagers

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 11:12 AM
lily

We're going to be in Bayeux for two nights then Amboise for another two nights next August and I'm looking for some recommendations for comfortable accomodations for family with two teenage boys ages 12 and 15. I've already looked at Manoir les Minimes in Amboise but we would need two rooms there as opposed to a shared quad(more expensive for two rooms). I was hoping to find a comfortable and reasonably priced hotel or b&b that's more suitable for teenagers say than Manoir les Minimes which looks beautiful but maybe too formal for teenagers to feel comfortable? Any ideas? Thanks for your feedback.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 11:49 AM
StCirq

Our family of four loved the Château de la Bellefontaine in Bayeux. It's an airy old manor house 800 meters from the cathedral, but on a small country lane with streams and cows and a lovely brook running through the property. We had two enormous double rooms, each about $80 a night, maybe less. It's an easy walk into the town center, yet the kids could come home and night and play ball on the lawn and run around. There is no restaurant or pool, but nice tennis courts.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 11:57 AM
Gretchen

We stayed at the Hotel Bayeux in october for about $50/night--large room, very basic,clean, about 2 blocks from the cathedral. It has a secure parking area.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 02:28 PM
jules

<BR>Lily,<BR>Here are two B&amp;B's (Chambres d'H&ocirc;tes)close to Amboise. <BR>Moulin de Francueil (www.moulinfrancueil.com)<BR>La Marechalerie<BR>(www.lamarechalerie.com)<BR>You deal directly with the owners, English spoken at both places.<BR>Bon voyage!

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 02:33 PM
xxxx

Check out this link and the B&amp;Bs offered -- they're great! http://www.frenchwayoflife.net/bienv...u-chateau/int/

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 05:52 AM
lily

Thanks everybody for the great info.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Anna

We stayed at the Hotel Mogador in Bayeux two years ago, it was a simple but nice place. Inexpensive and a good breakfast. This is the best link I could find.<BR>http://www.otedis.com/template.php?P...IG&amp;id=1145