Reload this Page >

Accomodation - Czech Republic

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 04:51 AM
Christiane

We plan to go to Czech Republic next September. Could you give us accomodation and restaurant name (affordable) for Prage specially. We also want to visit Cesky Krumlov and Pavlov. If you have any tips on these places too. Thank you in advance. <BR>Note: We like bed & breakfast.

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 05:13 AM
Gigi

Hi, Christiane, <BR>We are leaving for Prague in a couple of days. We found a lovely person in Prague, Jana, who was extremely helpful. <BR>I shall forward her response to me that you may contact her directly and see what she has for you. <BR>Ciao! <BR>Gigi

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 05:25 AM
Gigi

Hello, Christiane <BR>I received my email back, so I know that your address posted is incorrect (I understand perfectly!) The web address is: <BR>http://avetravel.cz/en/index.html <BR>You can view the hotels there. I shall be happy to report what I have found in Prague is you like. Have a wonderful trip! <BR>Gigi

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 07:30 AM
Deb

Christiane- I would suggest you do a search on this board for Prague and again for Ceske Krumlov and once you have narrowed down your hotels to two or three, then post your question again.You need to decide what "affordable" is to you. That could mean $60 per night or $200 per night. I would suggest these websites: <BR>www.ckrumlov.cz <BR>http://prague.nethotels.com <BR>http://www.interacta.cz

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 07:44 AM
Stan Voogt

We're Delta Airlines folks and we got in touch with the following on advice from other employees who had been to Prague. Our 2 bedroom apartment was great- not the Hilton but adequate, in a good location and clean. The man who runs the service picked us up and returned us to the airport at the end of our stay, this even though our arrival flight was delayed. The rates, two years ago, were $40.00 per night and he charged us $10.00 for ride although we gave him more since the service was great. <BR> <BR>A great place to eat, good food and atmosphere was the U medvidku. The Frommer's guide to Prague is a great aid and we found this restaurant in there. <BR> <BR>For the apartment rentals, contact T & T Travel Office at www.czcom.cz/T&T. His e-mail address is [email protected] Mention that some Delta folks recommended him. Have a great trip--Prague is a great destination and inexpensive.

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 08:04 AM
Barbara

We too used the Ave Travel service and the same woman, "Jana". She directed us to nice accomodations within our price range. We did not have much response from Nethotels. They were quite slow to give us information and when we tried to book, 3 of the hotels we asked for were already full despite the fact we were booking online. <BR>May I suggest that you go to the library and check out books and videos to give you an idea (other than what is just online as that seems to be so "touristy") of what is available. <BR>Amazon books or Barnes and Noble offer many choices of guidebooks as well. <BR>I don't know that I would rely on the comments from this board as how do you know what their standards are? What is nice to one may be deluxe to another. <BR> <BR>Doing your own research and getting the opinions of competent, qualified people is the best! <BR>Have a wonderful trip!!!

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 06:35 PM
Linda

We used www.avetravel.cz for Prague and had very good advise. We gave them our requirements and they found a perfect Penzion. I used nethotels.com for Vienna and the two I used (1st choice was full for the first weekend) were as described and very nice. We stayed at Penzion Balbin, which is listed with both web sites.