Reload this Page >

Accommodation in Innsbruck

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Julie

I will be in Innsbruck mid-July for three days and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for cheap lodging there (B&B's, hostels, whatever) I'm having a hard time finding anything. Something with internet booking would be great....<BR><BR>your help is apreciated!

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 05:04 PM
John G

Julie, did you think about staying in Mittenwald or Garmisch instead of Innsbruck? It will be so beastly crowded in July. You could stay in Mittenwald or Garmisch and just take the train into Innsbruck. Do you have a private car at your disposal? The commute is not that long either way.<BR><BR>If you do stay in Garmisch, I can recommend the Hotel Bernriderhof, which is a small, pleasant hotel with beautiful views of the Bavarian Alps. The best thing about this hotel is that it is at the end of a road and surrounded by cow pastures, so you don't get any horrible traffic noise. <BR><BR>This is just a viable option that Im throwing out there for you to think about.<BR><BR>I wish I had the address or email address for you, but, alas, It isn't in my address book. <BR><BR>I'll try to do a search for you.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Julie

Thank you! I hadn't even considered those options...I'll be sure to check it out!

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 07:34 PM
travelman

<BR> Julie.<BR> There is a small pensione Paula ,its <BR> a tad out side of center but will <BR> fill your needs.You can find them <BR> on the interne ,but hurry.<BR> <BR> T

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Sue

We had a trip planned over Xmas holidays thru All Mountain Vacations, and we were going to stay at Gasthof Engl; check it out on google. It's just a 2 star, but is supposedly well located,very reasonable, and with a good restaurant that locals use.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 01:02 PM
xxxx

http://www.tiscover.at/<BR><BR>I stayed at this place last year.<BR>It is nothing fancy and it is on the outskirts of town, but a bed nontheless. It was actually quite nice to be away from the masses and the city center was only a fifteen minute or so walk.<BR>Good Luck!

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 05:04 PM
toppergirl

ttt

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 08:56 PM
don

try staying in one of the smaller (read less travelled) towns and then taking the train (or car if you have one) into Innsbruck. You get away from all the tourists and save some money on accomo. Plus you also get to visit another locale that you probably wouldn't have.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 08:59 PM
sheila

the best place to stay is at a little place called the Emperor's Gold Roof.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 09:42 PM

topping