Accommodation in Budapest.

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 09:18 PM
Trish

Accommodation in Budapest.

Trying to decide best option for budget/reasonable accommodation for a couple for one week in Budapest in late June. Tossing up between a home stay for renting an apartment for a week, - any recommedations?? Also any web sites to assist with our search would be great. Thanks.

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 10:21 PM
Art

Hi Trish, I stayed in a private home with a private bath and wonderful breakfasts in Sept 99 with a Dr Fleps and his wife. There is also a balcony off of the bedroom with a great view. I would take my morning coffee out there and just enjoy the view. Their flat is up on a hill on the Buda side with a great view overlooking Budappest. They charge approx $40.00/night including breakfast. From their flat you take bus no 11 to the Metro and then can get to anywhere in Budapest. I bought a 7 day pass for approx $7.50 which covers the Metros and Street cars. He is very knowlegable about Hungary. He also published a pamphlet last year with 12 walks in the area. I made 11 of them. In them he includes one or more paragraphs of each highlight and also has some very good resturant recommendations. If you are interested, I'll send you his address and phone number. Just e-mail me. I'm on my other computer now and don't have it handy. I loved Budapest and found it to be a beautiful city even though there is a lot of restoration work still to be done.

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 04:32 AM
Christiane

Hi, <BR>Could you give the name of this accomodation please? Thanks

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 04:34 AM
s.fowler

If you do a search on their last name you should get the information okay.

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 05:50 AM
s.fowler

Okay. Found this for you: <BR> <BR>Author: Linda ([email protected]) <BR>Date: 1/11/2001, 11:22 am ET <BR> <BR>Message: We stayed with Dr. & Mrs. Fleps as well. His address is Bogar utca 20b, 1022 Budapest, Hungary. The phone number is 011-361-340-1108. He is a retired English-speaking lawyer/chemistry professor. Art is the expert on Budapest. <BR> <BR>If this doesn't work -- email Art