Accommodation and good restaurant in Amsterdam

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I am going to visit Amsterdam during the the queen's day at the end of April. I would like to get some suggestions for a cheap accommodation in the city centre and for some good restaurants. I see during those days everything is more expensive.. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 06:26 AM

Try www.eurocheapo.com
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 06:41 AM

What is cheap?

Amsterdam is an expensive city, and of course the prices go up around Koninginnedag.

However don't be tempted to stay in Haarlem or elsewhere if you want to celebrate it in Amsterdam. The trains tend to stop running early, and if they still run they are very very crowded.

The big events - like the Radio 538 party are not allowed in the centre this year - it has moved to by the RAI, a bit out of the centre. SO no big party on the Museumplein or the Rembrandtplein this year.

http://www.koninginnedagamsterdam.nl/hotel/ offers a search engine to find hotels for Koninginnedag.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 06:42 AM

Hi Martin299,

If you could give a bit more details on what you are looking for in terms of budget and preferences, such as: are hostels okay for you? Whit how many people are you? Would a short stay apartment be an option? What area are you looking for? How far out of city centre is good for you? What type of restaurants are you looking for? What is your budget there?

There are many options and like jamikins already says: Amsterdam is not the cheapest city in terms of accommodation (think between €100-150) for a regular hotel room or short stay apartment and around Queensday prices go up.

If you can come back with a bit more information than we can help you better!
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Original Poster

You are right. We are a group of friends and would like to stay all together. A short term apartment would be fine and also a location nearby would be ok for us. I know prices of hotels in Amsterdam are high 100 EUR or more per person, we have a budget let's say of max 40-50 EUR per person/night to sleep.
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 06:04 AM

If you are open to staying in a hostal you could look at The Shelter - there is one in the Jordaan (it would be quieter) and one in the city center (red light district). They are "christian hostals" so not quite the party scene as others might be - I beleive that recently they have added some more "private rooms" (not dormitory) but they may still be shared bathrooms. Even B&B's are usually over 100 E per night and those are not Queen's Day prices.
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Original Poster

Nothing to do. Thanks all but but it looked truly too much expensive during those days. We have decided to change our plans and booked a flight to Madrid at the beginning of May. I am going to look for a good place in the city centre there.

Thanks again for your suggestions. I will certainly consider all of them since I would like to go to Amsterdam in the next months anyway.