About "The Three Amigos Tour"

May 12th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Cheryl

About "The Three Amigos Tour"

I saw a post about the Three Amigos Tours --- but I can't seem to find anything else about them.
Does anyone have any info - or a web site?

Thanks for any help.

May 12th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Kathy

You can reach them at [email protected].

I took their Vatican Tour in April and really enjoyed it. I thought they were very informative and funny. The tour wasn't rushed and we visited the Vatican Museum (Sistine Chapel) as well as St. Peter's. The tour lasted over 4 hours. The cost was 35 Euros a person (but I think they give a discount for children).

May 13th, 2002, 07:54 AM
Cheryl

Kathy-thanks for the email address ---I just sent them an email.

Cheryl

May 22nd, 2002, 05:42 PM
Cheryl

Kathy --
When you used the three amigos ===
did you make reservations via email?
And was a deposit required?

Thanks,
Cheryl

May 23rd, 2002, 06:20 AM
xxx

ttt

May 23rd, 2002, 06:22 AM
Marla

A friend of mine used the 3 amigos and she was very happy with them.

I'll try to ring her up and find out if a deposit was required.

May 23rd, 2002, 11:11 AM
bobbie

I'm interested in the three amigos also.
Does anyone have anymore information?
Bobbie

May 23rd, 2002, 12:55 PM
Kathy

Cheryl-
I made reservations in advance via e-mail. I did not pay a deposit for my tour. I just paid when the tour started.

Chay, with whom I corresponded, was very helpful. Since we were touring the Vatican on a Wednesday, he asked if we were interested in a Papal Audience. Since we were, he obtained the passes for us. [BTW-the passes are free and no one should ever be charged for them.] After the audience, we met up with our tour and spent 4+ hours visiting. Very fun and informative.

May 23rd, 2002, 12:58 PM
Kathy

Forgot to add:

A national strike was scheduled on the original day we wanted to tour the Vatican (4/16). We were so lucky that Chay warned us ahead of time. Based on Chay's warning, we rescheduled to Wednesday and spent Tuesday wandering Rome (and bumping into the strikers at all the historic/tourist spots).

May 23rd, 2002, 07:26 PM
Cheryl

Kathy - thanks for the info about reservations.
Chay emailed me this AM - I asked him if "they" had a web site --- his answer was no. He seems very pleasant and helpful.
Thanks again,
Cheryl

Jun 9th, 2002, 05:21 AM
Steve James

Topping for David

Jun 18th, 2002, 06:57 PM
up

up for sherri

Jun 18th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Sherri Kardell

Thanks amillion I've heard they're the best.Sherri

Jun 18th, 2002, 11:34 PM
DavidK.

How are they for kids (11-year old)?
Thanks.

Jun 19th, 2002, 09:42 AM
jill

You arrange an itinerary to suit yourself depending on age and interest.

Jun 20th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Marianna

Hi,
I live and work in Rome as a tour guide and as far as I know they don't operate as such anymore. They were 3 friends who got together and I think there is only one of them in town these days and not sure if he is doing tours. Try their email however.

Otherwise if you would like to email me direct at [email protected] I can most certainly give you my tour information if you would like.
Regards
Marianna

Jun 20th, 2002, 10:15 AM
lyndsey

The three amigos are still going, we used them 2 weeks ago then recommended them to a friend of ours who has booked a tour for July, our guides were Luke and Chay, they were one of the highlights of our trip.

Jun 20th, 2002, 04:58 PM
ttt

ttt for Cheryl

Jun 23rd, 2002, 08:18 AM
ben

Just like to confirm the three amigos are still going strong, we just booked a tour with them and had them help plan our itinerary, just can't wait to get there now even though I've heard it's HOT, I checked and it's 90 today.

Jun 28th, 2002, 02:23 PM
xxx

We done Rome in a day with the three amigos. After our ship docked at Civittavechia we arrived in Rome at 9 a.m then our guide Luke spent the next 4 hours showing us round the Vatican museums and ancient Rome, we then had some great pasta at a restaraunt recommended by Luke and then back to the station for 3.30p.m, It was the best day of our cruise.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO