About the survey this week

Nov 17th, 2002, 09:30 AM
xxxxx

About the survey this week

About the survey this week, it is much better than last week. It makes more sense.

Disneyland used to have a wonderful reputation......before Michael Eisner.

I went to Anaheim Disneyland when it first opened. Later I took my small children there regularly. It was reasonably priced and a fun place to go. If you were a shareholder, you could get a free pass for everyone who attended the meeting including children that had just one share. This day would be just for shareholders and it wide open...no lines and just the "funnest" place to be. After the day at the park there was a free Disney movie if you wanted more fun.

Now Disneyland is looked with disdain by many. They treat their employees terrible. I know many that have worked there, including my son who can testify to the bad working conditions. Their prices are exhoribant for what you receive...but there was a time when it was a wonderful and magical place.

Nov 17th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Art

Since I live within a few miles of Disneyland, I have often taken out of state visitors there and took my son there a couple of times when he was younger. I agree that it has really gone downhill and am not interested in going again what-so-ever. I also have known a couple of people that have worked there (at their offices) in the last few years and really disliked it.

Nov 17th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Ned

My Father was a Pediatrician and saw a lot of kids during the week, but he was always willing to take us kids to Disneyland. I found out later that he used to go over to Treasure Island and take a nap while we romped around. Probably wouldn't be safe to turn the kids loose in todays world.

Nov 17th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Qiou

Is this in Europe?

Nov 17th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Ask them

Fodors posted this survey on the Europe forum and probably other places too. Ask Fodors why they posted this question here.

Nov 17th, 2002, 03:02 PM
jaded

Because there is a Disney World in Paris now.

Disneyworld/land was wonderful many years ago. Now it is just another expensive tourist rip off.