Reload this Page >

A question about overnight trains in a 1st class compartment

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 02:16 AM
nat

My husband and I are thinking of taking the overnight train from Paris to florence with our 11month old son. We would like a 1st class compartment with bathroom. We thinking travelling by rail willbe better for us since our son can do all the crawling he wants til he falls asleep. Where would we leave our luggage?<BR>

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 02:35 AM
Luggage

In your compartment.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 02:52 AM
BTilke

I think your expectations may exceed the reality. I've taken several overnight trains with private sleeping compartments and the space is still quite limited. With luggage for two adults plus a child, your son will have little room to crawl around. Also, my experience has been that the compartments only have sinks--not private bathrooms per se (there are toilets at the end of the hall). You might be happier taking a flight instead.<BR>BTilke (Brussels)

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 02:59 AM
Geoff Hamer

The night trains from Paris to Italy have a variety of sleeping accommodation including new &quot;Excelsior&quot; sleeping cars which have compartments with their own shower and toilet. I've not tried one of these myself, but they should be pretty comfortable. All sleeping compartments have luggage racks near the ceiling. The sleeping car attendant should be able to help with stowing the luggage if it's difficult.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 03:04 AM
Read

www.seat61.com/Italy.htm