Reload this Page >

A new virus warning....'Re: hotels in Italy'

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 08:22 AM
Howard

I've already received this one--titled, 'Re: hotels in Italy'--twice from two different sources. Delete immediately.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 10:23 AM
Dottie

Thanks Howard! I read your warning earlier today and just now checked my email and it was there. I would have opened it were it not for your warning. Thanks again.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 11:04 AM
seamus

Sad, but another reason to use a fake address.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 11:26 AM
joe

I opened the hotels in Italy. It contained several high quality photo ads for Italian hotels.So far I haven't noticed a virus.It could be that my Macintosh operating system was not targeted.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Howard

Joe, who knows, you could be right! It's just that they had all the characteristics of a virus...especially when I got it twice and from different sources. Further, it was a chore to even open the email.<BR>Oh well, I suppose that if it is "only" an ad, at least I warned people about being spammed!

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 11:48 AM
Patrick

Yes, I received that and was somewhat annoyed that at the top it said, "we have seen your posts on Fodor's. . .".<BR>In three or four years of posting here that is only the third direct advertising I've received as result of using a real email address.<BR>Mine was filled with phrases that said something like "picture cannot be downloaded". A result of my virus software? Anyway, I deleted it.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 05:26 PM
Surlok

I got it too, from the ubiquitous Catherina Unger ( is this her name?).<BR><BR>No virus on it, apparently. As Joe said, it was a message with many pictures of Italian hotels attached. Same as Joe, I have a Mac, and no virus were detected. Anyway, I deleted it.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>S